• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Fraser

V6 205 conversion info ecu and driveshafts

Fraser

Hi,

would someone please be able to tell me how much in mm to shorten the v6 driveshafts by to fit best in a 205 gti setup? Also when I use the ecu as I have the whole car as a donor (early 194bhp 98 saloon car) do I have to send it off to unlock it or as I have the key can I unlock it some other way, will it work if the key is next to the ecu? Finally what’s the best way to sort the wiring to the ignition key and the speedo and rev counter? Thanks

Goliath

ECU needs to be be unlocked by taking it apart and doing some magic.

For all wiring and ECU needs regarding the V6 see Ade_4wd on here.

Hilgie

I have done the unlocking myself, by unplugging the ECU while the engine is running. It won't get locked then.

Goliath
26 minutes ago, Hilgie said:

I have done the unlocking myself, by unplugging the ECU while the engine is running. It won't get locked then.

I've tried that with at least 2 (I think 3) engines which were still in the 406 and it hasn't worked (it works with GTI-6 engines, but not the V6). Also I asked Ade-4WD and he seemed to think they could only be unlocked by opening them up.

Fraser

Hi, I have got ade-4wd to make me a loom and unlock the ecu to save the hassle. Just will need to sort out rev counter now

thanks