• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
idoari

oil pressure weird symptom

idoari

Hi,

i have 205 gti 1.6 with 136000 miles. the engine has a good compression on all cylinders but when i start the car the oil pressure is about 4 bar when idle and when it getting to operation temp the idle pressure decreasing to 2 bar.

when i increase rpm the pressure is increasing which is normal.

the oil (castrol magnatec 10w40)  and the oil filter (genuine) are new.

i know oil thins out when it's getting worm but i live in Israel which is hot climate country (about 16 c in the winter and getting to 40 c in the summer ) and i'm not sure if it normal or not because the pressure difference is quite large.

i thought at first it a sludge problem and when the oil get thinner the flow "around" the sludge is better BUT i took the oil pressure sender and it was quite clean , also removed the oil pan - also no sludge there.

should i worry?

i took the oil pump apeart and it's has some wear to it especially to the relief value and the gears them self seems good (some very small chipping but nothing major)

thanks

Ido

Tom Fenton

Fit a mechanical gauge and test properly.

idoari

and if the mechanical gauge show the same?