• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

So after a few hours of cutting, splicing,heat shrinking and attaching new tags I now have no more brown plug!

lm2.jpg

lm3.jpg

Edited by Telf

Telf

I've now set to work on the wiring and cables attached to the fuse box.

Seems on first inspection to be in reasonable condition

Telf

So I've stripped the plugs off my fusebox and discovered its had it. Scorch marks on one of the plugs and also the main beam/driving light relay is gashed in with jumper cables- does anybody have a serviceable item they can sell please?

welshpug

you can probably repair the damaged track on the board quite easily, looks like a relay stuck open or someone used high wattage bulbs and melted it.

Telf

I took the back off the unit and it appears to be made from 2 boards sandwiched together. I couldn't see a way to detach the boards fromantic the top of the Base. 

jackherer

I think I've got one mate, bring your old one round to compare with what I have.

I'll be out in the garage doing car stuff today if you're about.

• Thanks 1

Telf

1 x Engine loom inspected, repaired and tidied up. Brown plug gone. Maybe Ill get a car to fit it into soon!

00.jpg

Telf

Found some damage on the other loom, does anybody have a side light bulb holder they can sell me please? Also are the brown plugs pictured still available- this one that connects the indicator on the drivers side is in a sorry state!

11.jpg

22.jpg