• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

GBCS

New 205 Panels

GBCS

I emailed Ex-Pressed steel panels recently to ask if they were working on any 205 panels, or if they had any plans for them.

http://www.steelpanels.co.uk

I got an email back this morning from Mike McColgan the MD, and the response was encouraging. They are working on a boot floor panel now, and that will be ready in the next 6 months.

He has identified the 205 as a car that they want to do more panels for, but here is the problem. To produce a replica panel, he needs a NOS version of the panel to work from, unfortunately the panel in question will be destroyed in the process.

Mike will buy the panel in the first instance, so who has what stashed away that could be sacrificed for the common good ? It would be nice to see GTi rear quarter panels available again.

Has anyone got any NOS panel work?

Leslie green

I don't think anybody will pay their prices tbh , they are in the process of making wings for the mk1 fiesta and the price is £650 each !!!!!!!!!!!!!! They won't sell many ......... The 205 boot floor is quite simple though in comparison so could be affordable .

Edited by Leslie green

GBCS

At this stage it would just be nice to have the option, market forces will dictate if the price is right.

With nice cars easily breaking through £10K, it would be a shame to write one off because something as simple as a quarter panel was unavailable.

welshpug

they have been unavailable for a very long time already!

GBCS

Isn't that the point, they have been unavailable for years.

If any company is prepared to remanufacture NFP parts to a decent standard, we should be supporting those efforts wherever possible.

Leslie green

For a car that was so popular there are surprisingly few genuine panels that come up for sale on the bay I've noticed . 

Tom Fenton

Do you not think that’s largely as they don’t rot appreciably? Popular 80’s Fords you can virtually make a shell out of repair panels as everything rots. 205 what is there a need for? Lower rear quarter repair up to the body kit would be useful. Sills you can buy. Wings are available albeit generally not a good fit. Front end panels are available Mickey Mouse. Only one I can see getting short supply is the rear panels for repair after a bump.

• Like 1

farmer

Plenty panels in dealer old stock 

I have boxes full of doors, wings , headlight panels, boot panels,tailgate and a quarter panel 

I don't get asked often apart from front wings 

nomis

Hi Farmer, I am trying to track down a front lower spoiler and grill (bit that sits below the front bumper) in black I don't suppose that you have one of those do you that you might be willing to sell, please?

Thanks

Simon

205freak

Farmer any sills laying around, how much for headlight panels???

farmer

Think can get one OEM sill

Plenty aftermarket of those though 

Headlight panels 210 posted for the pair.

Lower bar would another 40 quid on top 

Valance is a no,sold my spare new one a few months ago to Belgium

DamirGTI

Seen few front GTI valiances on stock from where i buy spares .. but aftermarket ones of course , "Polcar" and "Klokkerholm" brand @ roughly 60 quid .. never bought one so dunno if the shape and fitment is "right" .

D

farmer

I bought one to look at

The grille wouldn't fit

Was about 5 cm short in the recess 

DamirGTI

I see .. typically for aftermarket body parts .

Tried any front/rear bumpers of the said "Polcar" and "Klokkerholm" brands ? ... for the Polish "Polcar" i know that they have a few class of spare parts , Danish "Klokkerholm" seems a little bit better quality as far as aftermarket can be , at least metal body panels with which i've been working .

Bought some Italian made "Prasco" bumpers two years ago and failed !! thickness is no where near as the OE and on the sides they're too short , had to bend them like banana to be able to fit them .. and yes , looks a bit like crap which it is .

D

Richie-Van-GTi
On 5/9/2018 at 6:05 AM, farmer said:

Plenty panels in dealer old stock 

I have boxes full of doors, wings , headlight panels, boot panels,tailgate and a quarter panel 

I don't get asked often apart from front wings 

do you have a NSF gti front wing? Also looking for gti fan cowling, do not need fans

farmer

Got offside wings only

The cowling is still avaliable or was from Peugoet not long ago