• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Davidsw

Rev counter

Davidsw

Hi

Well my peugeot had it first voyage today . Just changed a drive shaft after i damaged the boot . However stone the crows rev counter stoped working . Any quick ideas other than fuse 1 . When does the refs get pick up from on a 1994 l reg . 

It it was always working through the rebuild etc it was the most reliable part . 

Thank you 

jackherer

It gets its signal from the coil negative terminal. There should be continuity from wire 112 plugged into the back of the tacho all the way to the coil negative.

Davidsw

Bloody marvellous thank you . Got it working 

• Like 1

jackherer

Excellent! What exactly was the issue? Bad connection at the coil? It would be nice to have a detailed description for people that find this post via a search in future...

Davidsw

Well , I have to say in embarrassment it was fuse 1 . But just because my luck is always it’s never the fuse I asked the question . I replaced the fuse and it’s good did about 20 miles in it . However I do electronics for a living and did notice the earth terminal was loose on the battery which would upset this kinda thing . 

jackherer

Ah OK I see, it's always worth checking the basics! The reversing lights are on the same fuse so if you've only done 20 miles going forward you may still have a problem ;)