• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Thijs_Rallye

Exact rev limit RPM XU9JAZ (DKZ)

Thijs_Rallye

Does anyone know at what RPM the rev limit kicks in? I am in the process of trying to disassemble my e-prom (on a pc ;)) and for some reason I can't find the correct value. I've found two limiters which are at 6750, but they seem awfully high for a factory eight valver and it is quite possible that these aren't limiters.

welshpug

doesnt sound too high to me, the d6b on jetronic was 6200 as it peaked at 6000, my mp3.1 is about 6750.

the 1.6 goes to about that on jetronic

Thijs_Rallye

Thanks Mei. If the weather cooperates tomorrow I'll give it a go on my car anyways. See if I can get the map tracing to work with my ostrich :).

paul mcgrath

Peak power on the 1.6 is @ 6250 and limits at 6950

I think max power on the 1.9 is 6000 so take 250 rpm off and you are in the ballpark. 

Thijs_Rallye

Well, it was more of an excercise of finding the correct hex address, which until to date I haven't managed to do so. The intention was to see if the changes are applied in realtime and this I have managed to confirm by adjusting the ignition angle.

I am starting to think a 16 bit LoHi isn't the way the limiter is coded in the eprom.

petert

There can also be multiple tables in the one chip and depending on which market the car is sold. It can be hard to find the pointer to the correct tables.

Thijs_Rallye
7 hours ago, petert said:

There can also be multiple tables in the one chip and depending on which market the car is sold. It can be hard to find the pointer to the correct tables.

There definitely are a few several similar tables. One lucky thing is that the checksum error (after applying changes en key-cycling the ECU) doesn't seem to affect anything. Or at least I haven't noticed yet :P. Still lots to be learned though, it is a steep learning curve when coming from a mechanical background.