• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kachel

Thermostat house connections

kachel

I can't figure out where the connections are for on the thermostat house. At this moment i have connected one with the throttle body. Where is the other connection for? What is the function of these two pipes/connectors?

fazngp.jpg

hoodygoodwood

On my 309 I have just the one connection where you have 2 , it goes to one of the 2 pipes coming out of the bottom of the throttle body in a Vee . I believe it is to provide hot water to the TB so it does not ice up in cold weather .

Anthony

Where you've connected the hose should be a bleed screw.  The hose connects to the unused outlet in your picture.

kachel

Thanks, so i'll change the hose to the unused outlet. The hose connects it to the throttle body. What is the function of this connection with the throttle body?

Anthony

The two coolant outlets on the throttle body are only there as a form of throttle body heater to prevent icing.

I don't know about NL, but certainly here in the UK I've never had any issues with having that bypassed and just running the hose straight from the thermostat housing to the expansion tank.

kachel

Ah, clear now, thanks a lot!