• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daxed

Bilstein rears B6 or Grp N Tarmac

Daxed

Can I pick some brains please.

I currently have Koni yellows at the front with Koni Spring Kit K-1020-6106 supplied by Motorsport World (whatever happened to them?).

The rears are Bilstein B6 B46-1039 and whilst being a few years old have very low mileage on them.

I'm contemplating changing the fronts to the Bilstein Grp N Tarmac V36-0547/8 with Eibach Pro springs.

Is the B6 rear suitable for the Grp N fronts and worth keeping? Whats the difference between the B6 and Grp N rears?

Does the same answer apply if fitting a 25mm ARB and possibly thicker TB' (21mm?)

Would uprated TB's & ARB make the Gram 160lb progressives a more suitable choice?

The car is primarily a fast road/occasional non serious track day toy whilst still being a daily drive. Additional weight of GTI-6 engine and brakes up front. Grp A beam mounting, Grp N engine, box, strut top mounts etc.

Cheers in advance for any thoughts.

allanallen

Hi again! As far as I’m aware the grpN rear  is pretty much a stiffer valved B6.

i’d stick with the B6s and an arb upgrade and see how it feels. 

minimum 21mm bars to match those front springs IMO. 

Daxed

Cheers again allanallen, much appreciated. Advice taken on board.