• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
idoari

door molding rivet holes - where?

idoari

Hi,

i'm trying to drill the original door trim (molding) holes for the pop rivet before the car entering to paint.

i saw that on the bottom of the trim there is V slot which i'm sure that where the pop rivets goes into but where should i drill the holes? on the bottom of the V slot?

also i saw there should be some pop rivets that goes above the lower row of the pop rivets BUT i don't understand where they goes because there is no slot on those..

last request , i need someone to measure the distance  between the edge of the trim on the door hinge side  and the edge of the door (in milimeters)

1234.thumb.jpg.d095fc4a994276e35c5538d761c2deb0.jpg

can you help?

thanks

Ido

p.s. i have the original trim kit.

Andy

0CA3A11A-4616-42C3-A304-66A4365DC019.thumb.jpeg.f16da87c97de28649f092d1ba47ec292.jpeg

5 hours ago, idoari said:

Hi,

i'm trying to drill the original door trim (molding) holes for the pop rivet before the car entering to paint.

i saw that on the bottom of the trim there is V slot which i'm sure that where the pop rivets goes into but where should i drill the holes? on the bottom of the V slot?

also i saw there should be some pop rivets that goes above the lower row of the pop rivets BUT i don't understand where they goes because there is no slot on those..

last request , i need someone to measure the distance  between the edge of the trim on the door hinge side  and the edge of the door (in milimeters)

1234.thumb.jpg.d095fc4a994276e35c5538d761c2deb0.jpg

can you help?

thanks

Ido

p.s. i have the original trim kit.

Afternoon. I had the same problem but after the car was painted. I put on the front and rear arch trims first , as they effectively determine where the door trim will go. I then used masking tape to position the trim in place and then marked the door through the trim to get the right location. Once that was done, I then measured th distance between the rivets and the position of the lower clip , put a line of tape along the door on that line, then spaced the clips roughly evenly, but with reference to the locating tab on the back of the trim. You do have a  a couple of mm leeway on the lower clip, but the rivit position is critical as the white ( black) plastic clips that go over the rivit have fore and aft movement but not vertically 

A2908A25-3633-4958-84AF-8B25AE08B9E9.jpeg

idoari

does the hole needs to be in the base of the V-groove , in the middle or the top?

Andy

The ‘v’ groove sits underneath the clip, so the hole for the rivit that holds the clip to the door panel needs to be just above the top of the groove . When the trim is on, the  V groove is pinned underneath the clip , but the top edge of the groove has to be below the rivit , or it could not sit underneath the clip properly .

• Like 1

Velvet

Have someone accurate measures (distances from edge etc) for holes drilling? Im planning to refit all the stuff correctly. Thanks :)