• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craigjames

Plans to sell my 1.9 205 GTI 65,000 miles

Craigjames

Hi everyone.

Hopefully I am in the right section here, apologies if I am not.

I am planning on selling my 1991 205 gti but have little knowledge on the worth of it.

Info.

Grey

65000 miles

The car is need of restoration, I have owned the car for around 4 years but haven't touched it since buying it due to other commitments.

It has some history but not alot what so ever, the tax disc in the window leads me to believe it was last on the road In 2005.

Interior is in great condition, the engine has low miles, but the engine is not mounted in the car hardly any rust on the body work, there are some dents on the body work and it is in need of some new exterior trim and a new drivers side wing and has an auto bonnet in white.

So, I was hoping somebody could give me a rough estimate of how much it would be worth as I am buying a house with no where to keep it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Craigjames

Leslie green

Hi Craig , I'm guessing as you haven't touched it the engine  was out when you bought  it which would suggest it needs an engine ? The fact its a non runner and the engine is out will deter a lot of buyers  plus its been offroad 13 years so its sounding like a proper resto project . Really if you want to sell it Ebay is the best place although you can get a lot of timewasters too.

Maybe its better than you suggest but without pics id say around £1000 as a starting price ,the engine being back in would make a difference to the interest you get id say .The last 1.9  I watched on Ebay sold for £640 which i though was too cheap, also had the engine out and interior out and had new sills fitted but it didn't look great in the pics !

Edited by Leslie green

allanallen

Could you send me some pictures as I may know someone after a project. 

Cheers 

Dj_mini

My cousin is after a 1.9 this may suit him do you have any more info? 

speno

Hi put it on ebay to get the best amount possible.  Good description and pics will go a long way . Or I could pop over and see it as you are just up the road chap 

Craigjames
2 hours ago, Leslie green said:

Hi Craig , I'm guessing as you haven't touched it the engine  was out when you bought  it which would suggest it needs an engine ? The fact its a non runner and the engine is out will deter a lot of buyers  plus its been offroad 13 years so its sounding like a proper resto project . Really if you want to sell it Ebay is the best place although you can get a lot of timewasters too.

Maybe its better than you suggest but without pics id say around £1000 as a starting price ,the engine being back in would make a difference to the interest you get id say .The last 1.9  I watched on Ebay sold for £640 which i though was too cheap, also had the engine out and interior out and had new sills fitted but it didn't look great in the pics !

Thanks mate that's not bad advice, the engine is in the car but not plumbed in I think as far as can remember it's just sat on the mounts.

To be honest it does paint a bad picture but it's not all that bad....I think.

Craigjames
2 hours ago, allanallen said:

Could you send me some pictures as I may know someone after a project. 

Cheers 

1 hour ago, Dj_mini said:

My cousin is after a 1.9 this may suit him do you have any more info? 

I'll get some pictures and any more info this weekend guys as I'm away all week.

Craigjames
1 hour ago, speno said:

Hi put it on ebay to get the best amount possible.  Good description and pics will go a long way . Or I could pop over and see it as you are just up the road chap 

Yes I think your right mate, I'm going to get some pictures this weekend and post them up. Might be a case of spending a bit of money first before selling.

• Like 1