• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Quags

Hi All,

I've currently got the car in the garage and want to replace all the coolant hoses with a red hose kit (most seem to be blue!).  Struggling to find a set, does anyone on here know the best place to go?

This is a 1991 car with a 1,6-1-19 Skip Brown conversion and I think the block is from 1985.

Leslie green

Baker bm does blue black or red , its important you decide what you have as later engines have a different thermostat block to early cars and several hoses are different as well as the hose to the steel water rail from the water fitting at the back of the engine has 2 different diameters :

http://www.bakerbm.com/205.php?data=schkit8v205

Beware the french sellers on Ebay as they are for lhd cars and some of the hoses are different lengths.

Edited by Leslie green
  • Thanks 1

AlexRS2782

Baker BM do a red kit.  Samco should also have a red kit too as that's normally one of their core colours.  Might be worth speaking to Miles at PugRacing too as I think he supplies a hose kit too - possibly SFS?

As above though, you definitely need to identify exactly what engine setup you have as some of the hoses differ between earlier & later setups.

• Thanks 1

Lilsandy

Hi Quags,

did you get the red hose set, are you pleased with the look?

just ordered a red set, do you have a pic?

cheers