• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
petert

XU10J4TE and XUD11ATE Conrods

petert

I think I'd like to make an 87x92mm engine and go up a racing class. I have a set of 87mm (with 23mm pin) pistons, designed to suit a 158mm rod and 92mm crank. The pistons aren't rod centred and thus if I need to buy rods, I may as well make them crank centred. I've searched, but can't find any data on the XUD11 conrod width. A look on the ACL site suggests they take the same bearing as the XU10J4TE. I know that doesn't necessarily mean the big ends are the same width. Can anyone confirm the big end width of either the XU10J4TE and/or XUD11J4ATE conrods?

Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 12.00.21 PM.png

wicked

They have the same width. Last year I got (by mistake) some mogul t16 rod bearings delivered for my tct and the 2.1td engine was also listed on the box.

They were wider than the normal xu10 bearings.

Your list above has the same error as the mogul list; they don't fit in rgy/rgx engines.

Edited by wicked

wicked

The box..

Screenshot_2018-02-24-17-03-23.png

Edited by wicked

B1ack_Mi16

The XU11D rods have a 30mm piston pin and chamfered small end.

The big end width is the same as the XU10J4TE close to 26mm.

This is a set made by Pauter:

http://pauter.com/shop/rods/peugeot-citroen/peugeot-t16-2-0l-16v-rods/

I don't have the details on my own rods availiable just now, but could see if I find the spec sheet.

B1ack_Mi16

This is the specsheet for my 2.2 T16 rods running the XUD11 crank.

I did one f***up and that was the small end width that ended up too wide for the pistons... so had to machine them down a slight bit.

duKU0yD.jpg

welshpug

very similar to my rods, but you must have a shallower piston than my GM items as they are longer by a mm, also a good bit heavier than mine.

I use standard gti6 bearings in mine by the way.

Edited by welshpug

B1ack_Mi16

Yes I used short and very light pistons to get a high rod/stroke ratio on that engine.

I beam Pauters are normally a bit heavier than h-beams, but also possibly a bit stronger.