• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kenp

TU3 thermostat housing gasket (to head)

kenp

Had a leaky thermostat housing on the XS, should have been a 5 minute job to replace the rubber o ring seal, but you guessed it, the bottom bolt snapped off.

Looks like it's easier to whip the housing out to fix the stud. Before I do, I want to get a gasket.

Thing is, I can't find a gasket listed anywhere on Service Box.

Gasket I need is between the head and the housing (#1 circled in red below - bolt A is the one I snapped) - any one help with a part number (or better still where I can get one from).

205 TU stat housing etc - diag only.png

Edited by kenp

Tom Fenton

I’d be inclined to just make one myself out of some gasket paper, I have a sheet so it’s an easy enough job.

welshpug

its just a bit of sealant if there's no gasket listed, which is the case for the later 8v xu, they ditched the gasket.

kenp

That makes sense - on closer inspection it looks like there might be some sort of black sealant around the edges - any recommendations?

calvinhorse

I’ve always just used that loctite copper coloured sealant, it’s not the cheapest but it’s never let me down, I’ve never seen one with a gasket