• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Woody205

My latest 205

Woody205

Just thought I’d post up my latest 205 which is my 7th I just can’t seem to be without one lol 

this ones running an mi16 which was fitted 20 years ago.the car unfortunately the last few years has fell into the hand of a couple of numpty owners one of which has tried to convert it to a track car and just made a mess of it it’s now got a shonky 1.6 interior and rear drum brakes which are obviously wrong for a 1.9 

ha some awful patches welded under the rear seats and rear floor pan behind the drivers seat so will get all that cut out and start properly 

any way I’m sure I’ll be asking for plenty of tips and advice on parts as I do enjoy this group just haven’t had chance to get on there with previous cars but this one is a keeper as soon the prices will just be out of my reach lol

AF04D622-3232-4393-82F3-8933211CCAF2.jpeg

speno

Nice little project , I saw that my self on ebay  .

needs a bit of tlc by the sounds of things , dont go mad tho . get it back on the road ready for summer :O) 

What are your plans for it chap ?

Woody205

Thanks mate,yeah needs general tidying and some dodgy welding cut back out and redone then get it resprayed and get the suspension back to standard as I’d like to restore it but not after a concours car lol.

i did see your message mate :)

speno

Cool good plans then . Keeping the mi16 in it? 

Woody205

Yeah the mi16 I’ll keep as I’ve alwyas been a fan of that engine in a 205 and this ones been in the car longer than the original it had lol

what you got mate

speno

Good engines . Always look nice in the engine bay .

I've got few old dimma's and a couple of 205's plus a couple of German things too ^^

Woody205

Shame Peugeot didn’t make them with an mi16 option from new lol

ooooh a couple of dimmas lucky chap I love a nice dimma 

did you need a 1.6 seat mate my drivers seat is really ropey and one of the back seats has a rear but I think the passenger front seat is decent

speno

Yes chap just need the one tbh going to convert it into a drivers seat but I would buy the full set thanks

Elaine
On 2/21/2018 at 8:48 PM, Woody205 said:

Just thought I’d post up my latest 205 which is my 7th I just can’t seem to be without one lol 

this ones running an mi16 which was fitted 20 years ago.the car unfortunately the last few years has fell into the hand of a couple of numpty owners one of which has tried to convert it to a track car and just made a mess of it it’s now got a shonky 1.6 interior and rear drum brakes which are obviously wrong for a 1.9 

ha some awful patches welded under the rear seats and rear floor pan behind the drivers seat so will get all that cut out and start properly 

any way I’m sure I’ll be asking for plenty of tips and advice on parts as I do enjoy this group just haven’t had chance to get on there with previous cars but this one is a keeper as soon the prices will just be out of my reach lol

AF04D622-3232-4393-82F3-8933211CCAF2.jpeg

My old car! It was a totally original 1.6GTi when I bought it. Hence, the 1.6 interior & rear drum brakes. 

I had the first Mi engine fitted in it in 2001. Had that engine fully rebuilt in 2005. I took that engine back out in 2006 and put another Mi engine in it, then sold the car. 

https://m.facebook.com/elaine.jordan/albums/49265536635/

Edited by Elaine
Added that it was a 1.6GTi, not a 1.9

Elaine

Guessing Woody is no longer on here? It doesn't look like the car's had a change of owner since, so he must still be restoring it. :)

For those of you who remember me from back in the day. I'm still driving around in the (205 GTi based) Monster Scamp which my hubby built from scratch back in 1999. We took the 1.6 engine out of that in 2003 (I think) and replaced it with a Mi16 one. 

Here it is for those of you who haven't seen it. Lots of pics in that album. 

https://m.facebook.com/elaine.jordan/albums/49265271635/

Here's how it looks now... fewer stickers and a (removable) union jack roof. 

68780111_10157350482891636_3831663220955

68827204_10157350477006636_8319295147762

Doors off, with the orange one which he built with James in 2000. 

106348409_10158469766361636_632168888894

• Like 2

speno

I'm pretty sure it's been sold on a few times . Pretty sure too I saw back up on ebay a couple months ago too

Elaine

Cheers Speno. I just wondered how the car was now, so put the registration number into Google Images and it came up on this website. 

Elaine

Just looked on Vehicle Smart. The last V5C was issued in January 2018, so someone has had it for a couple of years now. :)

Edited by Elaine
Spelling