• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Megasquirt on ES9J4?

Jer309GTi

Anyone run their ES9J4 on Megasquirt? Got the complete set up that I bought new for my old e30 that I never ended up fitting,  I'm going to get the v6 in my 405 later this year once I've moved house. Plan is to get it running on the Megasquirt after it's up and running on the standard management and I know everything works ok! Should be a bit of fun :)

jackherer

I can't help with your question but I do think a 405 ES9J4 should happen! You could see if someone like Desborough Designs can make a badge that says Mi24 for it ;)

welshpug

I can't see any need to unless you change cams or inlet, the original ecu can be mapped anyway, but yes it should run it fine as long as it has at least 3 ignition drivers and will cope with 6 injectors.

calvinhorse

This is the early none VVC engine yes? 

Jer309GTi

I'm only doing it for a bit of fun and because I already have the kit, not expecting any gains over stock, although thoughts of a low boost Rotrex have crossed my mind for the future!

That's the one Calvin, it's going in your old car I bought which has been tucked up safely waiting patiently for an engine these last few years! :lol: Just need to sort out a loom from Ade and get the driveshafts sorted and then I've got everything I need for the conversion.

calvinhorse

I knew it would be!!  Im starting to regret selling that car.

I’m also doing a 405 V6 conversion but the later engine into an estate 

Jer309GTi

I'll take good care of it don't worry! :)

Ah nice one sounds good, I was thinking about getting an estate and doing the conversion before yours came up for sale. Hows your project coming along?