• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Reddevil

PTS Group A wishbone rose joints M20

Reddevil

Hi,

Does anyone know of a supplier for these? I've tried calling AB Motorsport but no answer, not sure if they are still in business as FB not updated in a while either.

The nearside joint on my rally car has some play in the rose joint and would like to get another before the Donnington stages on the 4th March

Also I am a little perplexed because although the male thread seems to me M20 (a 3/4 nut does not fit) the rose joint centre seems to be 5/8"!

Is it possible perhaps just to get the joint refurbished anywhere?

Thanks,

Chris

Tom Fenton

The PTS joints are M20 thread with 16mm ball. The originals are RBJ79MG, you will find they are very expensive! What you could potentially do is use a 20x20mm joint and use top hats to sleeve your 20mm ball down to 16mm to suit your pin. Never heard personally of anywhere that will repair a rose joint but that's not to say there isn't someone somewhere who can.

Reddevil

Hmm, seems the genuine part has a lower radial static load rating, 77.4Kn, the McGill part is 107Kn....

Reddevil

Fitted the McGill part, even though the thread is shorter than the PTS part, the head is longer so overall pin to end of thread is similar. 

They're a lot beefier looking than the PTS ones too.

Not bad at £40 delivered and then a few quid to get some sleeves machined, compared to around £440+VAT which is what I found the PTS ones for online! https://www.123bearing.co.uk/bearing-RBJ79MG.php

Tom Fenton

Thanks for the info, that’s ok you are welcome........

Reddevil

Yes thanks for suggesting it! My race mech/sponsor had done the same and got the sleeves machines for me at short order.