• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamie_1992

injector clips on jenvey fuel rail

jamie_1992

are the injector clips required when fitting injectors into throttle bodies, as both the original or jenvey clips dont fit?

25379991437_259fa969fd_o.jpg

26378561848_072d8b924b_o.jpg

38440367640_9cccaecacf_o.jpg

Edited by jamie_1992

Andy

Odd. I have a Jenvey fuel rail and the o.e clips fitted without difficulty. The clip does ensure that the ‘o’ ring seal is inserted into the rail sufficiently to ensure a pressure tight seal. Without them, the injector could be pushed downwards so that it is inserted into the throttle body boss slightly too far, leaving  the upper ‘o’ ring seal incorrectly seated and therefore a potential fuel leak . Are you sure that they will not fit? They look correct  with the upward facing face in your photograph engaging on the injector groove and the shoulders on the clip fitting over the lip on the fuel rail boss 

jamie_1992

It just seems that the injector won’t push far enough into the fuel rail to get the clip on 

Andy

9AC906D1-42EA-425A-BF36-E692C73B4A52.thumb.jpeg.f19daf6b0736a1af6f75363cb9ec8228.jpeg9AC906D1-42EA-425A-BF36-E692C73B4A52.thumb.jpeg.f19daf6b0736a1af6f75363cb9ec8228.jpegd9AC906D1-42EA-425A-BF36-E692C73B4A52.thumb.jpeg.f19daf6b0736a1af6f75363cb9ec8228.jpegtwo  photographs of my injectors installed in a Jenvey rail with said clips

10466F7E-197A-43D1-AB90-65B6FCB927AB.jpeg

Andy

It looks as if the groove in the injector is in the right position for the clip to engage correctly. However, to help with the ‘o’ rings fitting, I lubricated mine with a thin smear of red rubber grease . That seemed to help the injector fit into the rail easily ( no silly smirking  at the back ) 

Miles

If budget allow's I really would buy new, 6 injectors are old now, the Renault Clio/Megane ones can be had for under £200.00 for a set

jamie_1992
1 hour ago, Miles said:

If budget allow's I really would buy new, 6 injectors are old now, the Renault Clio/Megane ones can be had for under £200.00 for a set

Would that be those Clio 170/180? 

Miles

Hi,

Yes the Pico one from them, Cheap on Car parts 4 less and are fine upto 200bhp

Cheers

Miles

petert

If the rail is screwed down, why does it need clips?

welshpug
21 minutes ago, petert said:

If the rail is screwed down, why does it need clips?

ask all the oem companies that use clips that.

welshpug
12 hours ago, jamie_1992 said:

Would that be those Clio 170/180? 

Beware of cheap Chinese copy injectors, surefire way to melt a piston or wash the bores.

welshpug

I doubt the clio injectors are that much "better", the 172 was only introduced 3 years after  the gti6.

jamie_1992

I have 8 injectors! Do I really need to uprate them

petert
17 hours ago, welshpug said:

ask all the oem companies that use clips that.

It's an after market rail with posts, not factory. If the injectors are held captive and can't escape, the fuel pressure will expand the o-ring and it will seal anyway. I use a GTI6 rail with aftermarket injectors and no clips.

petert

Like this

IMG_6982.JPG

B1ack_Mi16

That is a T16 fuel rail though, or possibly XU10J4. :)

I don't use clips either, but would feel a bit more safe if I could use them. However the injector spacer hats I have don't have the groove machined in them anyway, so I suppose a lot of people run without the clips.

I run without on both the T16 and the latest 205 Mi16 now as injectors don't match the fuel rail when it comes to the clips.

Andy

Hi Peter. I am sure that works fine. However, on the gti6 and indeed the o.e Mi16 ones, the distance that the bottom of the injector can travel into the manifold boss is not a fixed one. It is determined to an extent by the height of the fuel rail and , critically, the distance that the top of the injector is inserted into the fuel rail boss . Now, that distance is fixed by the use of a clip. Without it, I agree that the injector is pinned between the rail and the manifold but can move up and down between the two . If one moves down far enough, it can leak at the rail end. I discovered this when I inadvertently mis fitted a clip onto injector one and an hour later, after a short drive, could not understand why there was a smell of petrol from under the bonnet. Sure.enough, with the engine running, that injector was leaking slightly. Refitted the clip correctly and the problem disappeared. Of course, this is an aftermarket fuel rail, and the injectors fit not into an o.e manifold but into the aftermarket bodies . I think these two factors are important 

petert

You're correct, mine is XU10J4. Note the aluminium spacers under the injector to control the height.

johniban
22 hours ago, welshpug said:

I doubt the clio injectors are that much "better", the 172 was only introduced 3 years after  the gti6.

I think he means you can get new ones cheaper than gti6 

welshpug

you can;t get cheaper as he already has gti6 ones.

B1ack_Mi16
On 17.2.2018 at 9:18 AM, petert said:

You're correct, mine is XU10J4. Note the aluminium spacers under the injector to control the height.

I did the same thing, the new style injectors needed some spacers to stop them slipping too far down the orginal injector bosses, so they are in a tight fit between manifold and fuelrail.

jamie_1992

So I finished plumbing in the fuel system and run it up and there was no leaking, il try again to fit the clips when I remove the fuel rail just to be safe