• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

Motronic M1.3 DFW wiring diagram / pin-out?

B1ack_Mi16

I need to know which cylinders the injector drivers should be connected to.

The engine runs very rough on idle, and I suspect there are some issues with injector wiring as I though it did fire in batch.

Hence I didn't take care of which cylinder that was fed from which injector driver.

Anyone got a proper wiring diagram that shows which pin on the ECU that goes to which cylinder?

Thanks in advance. Was hoping to get it sorted tomorrow :)

ade 4wd

I know ECU pin 16 goes to 2 injectors and ECU pin 17 goes to the other 2 injectors. I think it is bank injecting though.

B1ack_Mi16

Yes it seem that 16 goes to cyl 1 & 2 and 17 goes to cyl 3 and 4... I'll have to measure it tomorrow and see if it is swapped around somehow.

petert

Here. I can't see how it matters which cylinders, as they fire twice per engine cycle anyway, all at the same time.

xu9j4z_ecu.jpg

Edited by petert

B1ack_Mi16

Ok thanks, the wiring was correct anyway so it's not that.

Might it be a problem running 10.4:1 pistons with (3) / (2) cam pulley arrangement from the 9.7:1 engine?

Running standard 9.7:1 management.

The exhaust pulses are insane at idle.

Getting a wideband kit to put in the exhaust tail pipe today so will see how the fuelling looks.

B1ack_Mi16

Spent the day diagnosing the problem.

As I used modern EV14 injectors I thought it could be them beeing the problem.

So put back orginal Mi16 injectors, but problem  was just the same, it was running very lean.

Changed the 3.0 bar FPR for a 3.5 bar one and it improved slightly.

Then I put some 306 GTi injectors on it with the 3.5 bar regulator, and it started to run quite good.

But as it didnt work on standard Mi16 injectors something else must have been wrong.

After a lot of fiddling we changed the Airflowmeter and voila it started to run very rich on 240cc injectors  @ 3.5 bar.

Put back the modern EV14 injectors and it now runs great.

B1ack_Mi16

Do anyone remember if these two space connectors close to the ECU plug could be connected via a resistor of some sort to make the ECU behave slightly different?

I think I remember something along those lines, or maybe it was two other connectors?

But can't remember anymore. Still XU9J4 3ROW ecu setup.

28309695_10155950972645874_24136994_o.jpg

welshpug

what pins do they go to?

jackherer

I think it is those two connectors but the conclusion that has always been reached on here over the years is that while the ECU theoretically does support resistor coding Peugeot didn't actually implement it so there is no alternate map to load.

B1ack_Mi16

Ok maybe nothing to care about then. Just curious. 

Welsh: no idea can check later, but the red one seem to actually go towards engine side of loom?

petert

There was a resistor fix on the 8V Motronic version to which did a 2 deg and 4 deg retard overall, for countries with poor fuel.

B1ack_Mi16

Ok but nothing on the 16v?

Is there any reason to chip the DFW management now as I've upped the compression to 10.4:1 but still running all other components as DFW? I.e. (3) pulley on inlet and (2) on exhaust.

I suppose the extra compression might just make the ignition map more on the edge and the knock sensor will pull it off if necessary?

petert

No, not that I've seen.

Yes, it's definitely worth changing the chip. My version has less ignition advance up high and more down low. You'll definitely notice the difference.

B1ack_Mi16

Ok, what's the going price on a chip these days?

I might consider one after next months salary :)

petert

AUS$40.

B1ack_Mi16

That was quite reasonable I must say :)