• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jimmi

MA gearbox LSD

Miles

All very well being cheap, it was like the Kaaz ones when released, Service and support is very expensive on them as are the Diff's now, Stick with Gripper and at least any issues can be sorted in days, not weeks or months

jimmi

I 've read that ATB gear type lsd's are fit and forget as far as maintenance goes  ,,surely ?

jackherer

A Quaife ATB certainly is.

But they don't have adjustable preload, I'm not sure how that works or how much complexity that introduces to the design.

The Quaife has a lifetime warranty too vs. 1 year limited for the one you posted.

Biggles

What are you going to use it for ?

I've driven a couple of road cars with ATB diffs in and hated them - driving in a straight line under power ? Forget it.  With some trepidation I put a TranX plate diff in the rally car and absolutely love it.  2000 miles later and it's as tight as when it went in.

welshpug

You would hope a quaife was trouble free but I have heard of a few failures, and that warranty isnt worth the paper its written on.

thankfully that is rare, especially given how poor quaife are at keeping spares in stock.

plate diffs arent the finickity maintenance heavy items they were once made out to be, my friend DCC has put around 20k miles on his 3J without any issues, granted a BE box is a little easier to get the diff out of than an MA if the need arises.

jimmi

Thanks for your input lads, a mate has fitted a quaife ATB to his C2 'MA' box ( must ask him his opinion of same) ...  I still have a  notion to source a BE3 BOX  complete with LSD.. An I correct in thinking a BE will fit a C2 VTS without too many mods ? 

dobboy

The Quaife warranty isn’t transferable.

i had a plated diff on my MA box in my Saxo VTS, it was brill, car gripped amazingly with stickies on.