• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugdamo

Tu5jp4 belly not fitting.

pugdamo

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this, a mate from work has bought a C4 with a snapped cambelt, he put another head on it yesterday and he cant get the new belt on, I spent quite some time with him yesterday trying to help, Iv done my fair share of these belts and don't remember ever having the wrong belt supplied and they always went on without any struggle. This belt is way too short, we have checked the new tensioner and idler against the old ones, made sure the pin was fitted in the tensioner and the tensioner was correctly sat on the pin in the head. He was adamant that the numbers on the heads were the same, both cam pulleys are the same size between new and old heads, I'm sure it's the wrong belt but if we check using the c4 reg it only lists one belt and the head he got came off a 206 and we searched a belt for that and it came up with the same number as the c4 belt which is very confusing. Anyone came across this before? 

Thanks

welshpug

check the tooth count on the belt.

pugdamo

Sorry I never saw this reply, he got it sorted in the end, he had counted the teeth on the supplied belt and was the same as what was written on the box and on the parts website, he told me removed the idler pulley, put the belt over it and forced it on, it's running OK and has been fine. I don't remember ever having to do that to get a belt on one of these but it's working so must be OK I guess. Thanks for the reply.