• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Gaz205

Wishbones... Where from?

Gaz205

Can anyone suggest a reputable outlet for standard spec wishbones for a ph1 1600 gti? Or does anyone have new ones for sale? 

thanks 

Gaz

Biggles

I get First Line ones from my local motor factor.  They've survived 4 years of rallying OK so the quality seems fine.

• Thanks 1

farmer

TRW have been ok for me and QH

• Thanks 1

Tom Fenton

Febi Bilstein from Mister Auto have been decent for me.

Motaquip also decent.

However, I always say these days that how many folk will do serious mileage in a 205? When folk were doing 12-15+k miles a year in a 205, then yes it really mattered! But now, I’d wager most of them won’t do 15k in 5 years. So is a cheaper product just as acceptable? Only the owner of the car can decide!

• Like 1

Gaz205

Averaging about 1k a year so yes good point Tom.

thanks for the answers. I usually use ECP but looking at mister auto they are a lot cheaper. Do they email discount codes at all ?

Leslie green

Mister auto had an 8% discount recently up to 12% depending how much you spent but I think they have regular sales much like ecp 

Edited by Leslie green
  • Thanks 1

Gaz205

Thank you , they seem very reasonably priced on that site compared to ecp even before discount.

speno

I would poly bush them too ... Only kidding :ph34r:

Leslie green

ECP does seem to have got very expensive and a lot of what they sell is cheap tat like klarius exhausts that fall apart after a few months . I got full rear lights of mister auto for £28 a side phase 2 valeo ones last month.which i thought was ok ,sellers on ebay are asking that for used ones ! I did buy a full walker exhaust too but they only sent out the back box and only after 2 weeks did they say I wasn't getting the front pipe as it was too long to post ...wasn't too impressed with that !

Edited by Leslie green

Anthony
23 minutes ago, Leslie green said:

I did buy a full walker exhaust too but they only sent out the back box and only after 2 weeks did they say I wasn't getting the front pipe as it was too long to post ...wasn't too impressed with that !

Odd, I bought one off them last year when they were doing them cheap and they were happy to send to the UK mainland - guess they've either changed their shipping policy since or it's because you're in N.I?

To be honest, I wasn't actually that impressed with the subjective quality of the Walker exhaust, certainly didn't seem as well made as one's I've seen/had from years back.

farmer

They don't like posting to NI from experience 

Leslie green

I guess its because its over 1.5m Anthony, I selected the 2 piece system so the front is very long , if id selected the 3 piece system id might have been ok as the bits are shorter , it was Parcel farce wouldn't send it as it arrived in the uk from France fine , they send the other stuff and the backbox out fine though , although 2 of the little stick out taps on one rear light were snapped off and the rear silencer had punched a hole in te box it was in due to being dropped ,luckily no damage .

Is the system still available from Peugeot does anyone know or have you one squirreled away Farmer ? ,if ecp had done it they I could have collected at a local depot and it would have been handy but all they have is Klarius last time I checked and I don't fancy paying Milltek prices for a stainless !

Edited by Leslie green

farmer

Got 3 or 4 systems 

Pre 89 3 piece and 2 piece sleeved

• Like 1

Gaz205
12 hours ago, speno said:

I would poly bush them too ... Only kidding :ph34r:

next you'll be telling me to put an Mi in :lol:

Andy

Yes. Speno has several to choose from ! 

pug_ham
On 28/01/2018 at 8:41 PM, Tom Fenton said:

Motaquip also decent.

Unfortunately the last set of Motaquip wishbones I fitted were disappointing with noticeable slack in the balljoint after 18 months use & I fitted a new one to Kezzer's GTI for an mot for it to fail a year later on the same balljoint for play.

Pity too as the have the oe bushes as standard.

g

Miles

Yes Motaquip went to Ocap which are total rubbish, Febi not much better as had loads of these fail without too much abuse, I get TRW ones now and so far so good

Anthony

Any idea when they changed Miles or how to identify "good" Motaquip from the rebadged Ocap ones?

I've kept a couple of pairs of new Motaquip ones from a few years back for a rainy day as they were historically good, but not much point if they're likely to have the balljoints fail in short order.

Gaz205
11 hours ago, Andy said:

Yes. Speno has several to choose from ! 

I think he's had enough money off me recently Andy haha

Edited by Gaz205

Miles

Dead easy to see, OCAP is stamped on the bottom of the ball joint, ECP rubbish but I guess before they sold up quality went down the pan

• Thanks 1

speno
On 30/01/2018 at 6:58 PM, Gaz205 said:

I think he's had enough money off me recently Andy haha

I think you got a bargain there 

DamirGTI

Lemforder wishbones , for me , where the best durability wise next to the OE ones .. but are also getting notoriously expensive these days , they usually have Hutchinson bushes which are pretty stiff and last just as long as the Kleber ones .

D