• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

sp_en_ny

Instrument panel

sp_en_ny

Hi Everyone,

I have a 92 CTI, can anyone tell me or point me to where I might find out what instrument lights should work when turning the ignition on but also when driving.

I am pretty sure I have most of the standard ones working but would be nice to know what if any don't. For example when low on petrol the warning light does not illuminate, nor does it when turning the ignition on.

I think the STOP light should illuminate when you turn the ignition but that no longer lights up.

Many thanks

Telf

It will be the bulbs that have gone- they are pence to replace

buy a hand full remove the instrument cover and dials and replace as required

jackherer

The stop light should turn on with ignition because the low oil pressure light triggers it and you don't have any oil pressure when the engine is not yet running. So if your low oil pressure light works and your stop light doesn't it's probably the bulb as Paul says. But if the low oil light also doesn't work it might be a wiring or sensor problem.

The low petrol light doesn't illuminate with ignition, it only turns on when you actually have low petrol. You can test it by unplugging the sensor (under the rear seat) and shorting the terminals together.

sp_en_ny

thanks peeps, any idea what type of bulbs they are and where to get them ?

jackherer

They're called 286 capless bulbs and you can get them from pretty much anywhere that sells car parts for pennies.

Tom Fenton

Ebay is often best for stuff like this. Car spares shop will sell you a packet of 2 for £1.99 or something. Ebay 10 bulbs for a quid etc.

welshpug

there are different wattage bulbs, though I've never noted what goes where but I would imagine the STOP light etc would have the 1.2 and the rest 0.9 or thereabouts.