• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

tcr

Starter motor identifying

tcr

Can anyone tell me which car this starter came off ? I need a replacement and believe it was Citroen bx 

4F14BA27-4CE7-4632-ABB3-32C8C1B656B5.jpeg

stanz

Have you tried googling it? D9e48 brings up loads of info, fits bx's, 205's etc.

tcr

Done a search and they seem to have a low kw output .. will another brand 205 9t bolt straight on 

Ozymandis

Yes, all brands are interchangeable. 

I think 1.7kw is diesel if you want lots  more power.

Dont get hung up on the number of teeth on the pinion the various counts are interchangeable and have no impact on the ring gear teeth.

Most Peugeot/Citroen ones fit.

Beware of cheap brand new ones ,many are not quite right in the engagement and can mash the ring gear or even fail to disengage, I have seen them spraying metallic sparks from the ring gear when the engines running.

Newer models of motors are lighter for the same power.

Known brand recons are preferable to mickey mouse new ones. LUCAS are just a brand name now not LUCAS of old.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STARTER-MOTOR-CITROEN-BERLINGO-1-8-BX-XM-XSARA-FIAT-DUCATO-PEUGEOT-205-X918310N/122343657001?fits=Car+Make%3APeugeot|Model%3A205&epid=26003784976&hash=item1c7c400e29:g:I3kAAOSwAKxWZsH7

Thats a cheap good quality recon.

tcr

Thanks I appreciate the help , just the info I was after 

• Like 1