• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Redjam007

Miami 205, is it one of the ltd editions?

Redjam007

I have a G reg 205 which appears to be a limited edition Miami, how Can I tell if it definitely is or not though??

welshpug

its a g reg therefore it is.

Redjam007

I was unsure as there is a J reg one for sale on eBay . Thanks for the reply.

jackherer

A J reg isn't a limited edition. The limited edition models were made and sold in 1990 but it was later made into a standard colour.

Henry Yorke

None were a limited edition but were classed as special editions. Grey leather and Grey carpet usually indicates a Special Edition. They should also have orange front indicators and a reverse light in the rear clusters 

Redjam007
On 30/12/2017 at 6:33 PM, jackherer said:

A J reg isn't a limited edition. The limited edition models were made and sold in 1990 but it was later made into a standard colour.

On 04/01/2018 at 11:12 AM, griffo said:

If you jam the VIN into http://205gti.info (at the bottom), it will tell you if it is an LE GTi in the Comments.

griffo
On 05/01/2018 at 11:01 AM, Henry Yorke said:

None were a limited edition but were classed as special editions. Grey leather and Grey carpet usually indicates a Special Edition. They should also have orange front indicators and a reverse light in the rear clusters 

OK Henry, I'll meet your quibble and raise you a pedantry :-)

These 'editions' are Special as they introduced the new colours of Miami Blue and Sorrento Green prior to them being available with the following AM91 vintage, and Limited in that there were only 300 of each Colour/Engine combination.

There is an underlying Criterion variance/Customer design code of '3W' for these cars but as is always the case there are exceptions and there is an instance of this code for a German DKZ (Sorrento Green, Grey Leather) built at the same time... there is probably more than one :-)

• Like 1

SootySport

From what  I've seen everyone has a rare colour.   :D

Daviewonder

Get some photos up.

Henry Yorke
On 08/01/2018 at 12:19 AM, griffo said:

OK Henry, I'll meet your quibble and raise you a pedantry :-)

These 'editions' are Special as they introduced the new colours of Miami Blue and Sorrento Green prior to them being available with the following AM91 vintage, and Limited in that there were only 300 of each Colour/Engine combination.

There is an underlying Criterion variance/Customer design code of '3W' for these cars but as is always the case there are exceptions and there is an instance of this code for a German DKZ (Sorrento Green, Grey Leather) built at the same time... there is probably more than one :-)

Haha! The reason for my comment is twofold:

1. The brochure for these referee to them as Special Editions

2. I had a recent conversation with the UK product manager for 205 when they were launched. He corrected me when I said they were limited edition and said you can’t call them that. The reason for that is that you can’t make any more if they are a success as you are miss-selling to people who have bought them under the proviso of being “1 of x”. Renault got burnt with this on the Clio Williams when they made more and had to make alterations for the Williams 2 & 3.

Redjam007

Here you go , a picture of my “special edition “ prior to rebuild and one of how it currently is prior to body shop 

B6255B2F-9D11-4310-A41C-57411391F00E.jpeg

4797C2F7-E523-4983-A983-092A20DEC590.jpeg

2D446039-C137-4D12-80B3-82C323556023.png

• Thanks 1