• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrAndy

XU9 8v Different aux belt pulleys

MrAndy

Hi,

During timing-belt change, I managed to crack the aux belt pulley and later on managed to get couple replacement pulleys.

Then, started to compare them and it seems not to be that sumple thing to replace it after all. I have 4 pulleys on the table and all of them are different. It seems to be that the timing hole is located differently in all of them.

- One has marking "2"

- One has marking "B"

- One has marking "C"

- One has a hole drilled on the surface where the others have a marking letter or number.

Now my questions are:

- Is it possible for me to use the different pulleys with the same cam-pulley (for my thinking the resolution of timing is still one tooth on the crank pulley???)

- Should the pulleys be changed as pairs together with differently timed cam-pulleys etc??

- Lastly, which of any, give me more power than the others and why, if I decide to use them? (the engine is Swedish 1989 model 122hp with catalysator)

-A-

20171228_082649_pieni.jpg

MrAndy

It seems that I'm the only one that has given this issue a thought.

I will open this anyway later, when I get a change to play with a degree-wheel to see the actual differences.

Report will follow, with pictures :)

-A-

welshpug

timing hole in all of them will be in the same location, 70 degrees forward of the keyway.