• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ladderboy

Sourcing new dashboard visor for instruments

ladderboy

Hiya. My first post EVER on this forum :-). I've got a 1.9GTi as a project. I tried dismantling the dashboard as there were many warning lights not working. In the process of removing the upper plastic shroud/visor which surrounds the instruments I broke a couple of mounting points, which turned out to be the only surviving ones anyway!! A previous owner had broken the rest, and the steering column shroud......   So does anyone know where to get, or has spare, these upper dashboard and steering colmn plastics? I've been checking Ebay for weeks and found NOTHING. Thanks!  

allye

I’d it the part around the dials/clocks you mean? They are getting bloody hard to find and pricey, try and repair yours if at all possible.

jackherer

As above the instrument binnacle is a rare part in good condition so try to fix yours. Also note that the interior plastics come in three versions, up to 1988 phase 1, 1988-1991 grey phase 1.5 and post 1991 black phase 2.

Telf

Another option is a surround from a standard car. You would have to recolour it though as the standard car had different colour dashes. My 1.4 is very light grey for example 

welshpug

not an option, base models have different clusters and surrounds to anything with a rev counter.

allye

Only sportier bass models had the GTI style item, XS, GT and d-turbos.

Telf

Crikey!

I've just been and compared the GTi and 1.4... they are different and its never computed !

stand corrected sorry for the duff info