• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dogbreath

failed gear linkage

dogbreath

Hi, have been having a sloppy gear change for a while and have found the issue, the ball joint bolted on the cross member has broken out of it's hole. how can i repair?

Is it possible to drill a new hole in the cross member and replace the ball joint in that or washer the piece above and below the hole? 

Am currently off the road, so would welcome any suggestions, steve

enc pic. big hole should be a small hole

PB220130.JPG

dogbreath

i tried removing the nut off the ball and it has snapped, so also need a new unit.Where can i get one from? thanks

welshpug

looks like it has been loose or incorrectly assembled for some time to wear a hole like that.

you can still get the ball nut and washer from a dealer as they were used on the Citroen C15 till the mid 2000's.

welshpug

I would place a large repair washer under the balljoint, the new washer for the underneath may be large enough to cover the hole, worst case I would drop the subframe off and weld a washer on/in the hole.

dogbreath

have you a part number for the ball nut?  or where can i find it, thanks, steve. 

welshpug

it'll be a dealer part, you can find part numbers by using the links in my signature below.

xy8

Replace it with a rose joint. 

dogbreath

local pug dealers had item ref# 243638, so i bought a couple just in case.

drilled and tapped the ball joint where it snapped off and used a bolt inside to secure, but made the hole too deep and weakened it, so it didn't last long. should have done it 1/4" instead of 5/16" made pilot hole too big!!!

thank you for assistance, great site, steve brady

PS edited details so am me mow not my wife