• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ftoomsh

Aeroquip power steering pipes

ftoomsh

Hi guys. Following on from my high pressure power steering pipe failure on stage 2 of the neil Howard stages at oulton park this month i am looking at swapping the the standard pipe work to aeroquip hoses and fittings. (Cant afford a corsa b electric colum conversion).

Has anyone done this conversion to aeroquip? If so what piping and fittings would i need? 

P.S. xu9j4 engine and pas pump on gearbox run off the exhaust cam.

Thanks in advance!

petert

Parts are easy. I did mine after the pipe out of the pump fatigued and snapped. I'll dig up the part number for the pump. For the rack, cut pipe and silver solder on a #8 weld on fitting.

ftoomsh

Thats exactly what happened to me. 

I have got pas pumps. It was the hose and fittings i was after..

Ie. Are they -6AN or -8AN & which specific hose type id need for the hp pipe. due to the pressure im not sure that normal teflon braided would cope. (I am assuming the pressure to be approx 80bar)

allanallen

Torquesuk (powers on here) does the correct fittings for the rack as well as all the pipe work you could ever want, also does forum discount I believe! Highly recommend him. 

welshpug

another thumbs up from me for Alex and the guys at Torques, alex knows his 205's so may know what you need offhand.

from memory its an M14 and M16 x 1.5 thread into the valve body, most likely to be AN8 or 10 hose  (1/2" or 5/8" id)