• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Aroton

[Car_Overhaul] Restored Peugeot 205 Mint Condition

Aroton

Hello again. The car is now 30 years old :) I took it out from storage last week. Been trough oilservice and brakefluid change. The car also passed the EU-kontroll (MOT test like in UK I guess). No faults and in very good condition! 

Ive driven the GTi seats to a firm that will fix them up with quality leather. The plan is to install them this summer. Now is time for some good old fashion roadtrip :)

20200428_151726.jpg

• Like 1

Telf

love this car, i don't know why you are bothering looking for a GTI- keep this its so much more interesting! 

Those seats you are removing are probably worth something to someone- when i had my 5 door I'd have loved to have standard seats in that condition. Funnily i loved those old standard seats, really comfy..maybe I really am getting old!

Keep up the good work, awesome car.

Aroton

Recieved a pic of the new refurbished leather seats. Looking forward to get them in the car. The old seats have great comfort, but I dont know if I will keep them :)

received_283417149592570.jpeg

• Like 2

Telf

who refurbished them for you?

Aroton
On 7/22/2020 at 10:05 AM, Telf said:

who refurbished them for you?

It was a local furniture company who refurbish car and other furniture. They did a great jobb and the leather feels very nice. The lady used 30 hours. 

Aroton

Just done with the vacation and I only got two days to get the 205 ready for å litle roadtrip. Since I live 600km away from the 205 those two days was good. Day 1 i drove it 3 hours to get the new GTi seats and then install them. They are harder, but I like it since they look nice and give side-support on these curvy roads here in Norway. Now the car smells fresh leather.

On the second day me and my girl went out for a roadtrip to test the old champ with the new seats. We drove down the cool and curvy roads to beautiful landscape of Geiranger, with its green clean nature and blue water. We took the car all the way up the mountain "Dalsnibba" (1500 moh), with its great view over Geiranger and then we continued to Valldal and Trollstigen (850moh) were the fog hits us at the top. The car run perfect and its really a fun car to drive. It feels great with new shocks, brakes, interior and all the other tings thats been done. Next is to change the gearknob and steeringwheel,. Maybe I will go for the 205 GTi phase 1 or some other original part, if I find some..

Here is some pic's from the project and the roadtrip:

geoiyTo.jpg

AqHd2tA.jpg

H3ByQ99.jpg

qJMOQai.jpg

kzzS2ml.jpg

LfII1nG.jpg

KnVOG4o.jpg

N4ofmKy.jpg

AyjSzi4.jpg

9l21pS2.jpg

T7JJqqj.jpg

0VlyMji.jpg

LL0cv3t.jpg

GwymZKe.jpg

4WQ6AkL.jpg

xTOe1MW.jpg

BIt7Xd6.jpg

oXnYGcc.jpg

YofG8sN.jpg

• Like 3

Robbiedundy

Lovely car mate the views are nice too :P

Aroton

Got some new parts! Looking forward to get this in the car. The steeringwheel is a piece of art and was done by a friend in Bulgary and the gearknob and keyring is from a 205 expert in Poland. Really nice work!

20210615_105016.jpg

20210615_105721.jpg

20210615_112213.jpg

20210615_113126.jpg

Edited by Aroton
  • Like 1

Aroton

My plan is to get hold of the non-GTi center plastic piece and save the other for my future GTi project. If someone have that piece and want to sell it just shout out, I want to buy it. It could also be the Lacoste piece as well.

Screenshot_20210615-140215_Samsung Internet.jpg

Aroton

Ordered a new type of red bumper trim for front and back and got it the post today. Its made for 205 so time will show if it fits like it should.

20210618_144523.jpg

20210618_144728.jpg

Edited by Aroton
  • Like 1

Aroton

New filters, oil, gearknob, geargaitor, steeringwheel, floorcarpets and a lot of driving! Love to drive this in the summer.

ZortHz3.jpg

C3gKBZZ.jpg

CLfidJx.jpg

sCjB8S2.jpg

sAKpH0K.jpg

L2GKcx6.jpg

CMcKkRX.jpg

oEVXWyL.jpg

WArCwyQ.jpg

UvtOzjA.jpg

1asbo9P.jpg

0YQ7leL.jpg

WbKzrgH.jpg

• Like 3

jamorgan4

The upgrade looks nice, so what will be your next plan?