• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Monkey

What's It Worth? (Sorry)

Monkey

So, I have got my car back from paint, and would like some advice on value please.

205-1.jpg

205-2.jpg

Non-sunroof 1.6 shell.

Full leather, in great condition and solid bolsters, not crazed, split or cracked.

GTI-6 conversion

Speedline refurbished wheels, unmarked, wrapped in NS2-R 100 compound tyres

EBC brakes all round, yellowstuff pads (gti-6 brakes all round)

Full respray in red as pictured.

10 months MOT

Free of rust, generally very tidy

On the 'to do' list to make it 100% would be:

Replace or fix split in dashboard near the cluster, on the underside.

Fix heater controls, currently the heater fan is activated by a switch.

Anthony

Mileage, owners, history, other notable mods beyond the GTi-6 swap, leathers and brakes?

Does look very nice though - assume that the paint job is as good up close as it appears in the picture?

Monkey

Paint job is great, not a 5 yard finish happily :)

141k miles.

Owners I am not sure, will check out the V5, but it's single figures I am fairly certian.

No other notable mods, other than being freshly serviced and bushes changed for MOT, and decent alignment done, but that's more servicing.

Anthony

I'd guess around £5-6k then if you're selling, add a bit on if it's for an agreed insurance valuation.

Always hard to value stuff as so many of the asking prices out there are frankly laughably optimistic and modifications tend to narrow down the pool of would-be buyers.

My general viewpoint is that it's difficult to get anything MOT'd and usable for sub-£2k now, £3-4k for an immediately usable car in reasonable condition, tidy average mileage cars are £4-6k and anything low mileage (<80k) and very tidy seems to be knocking on £10k nowadays.

allye

Engine out paint job? Who did the conversion?

Gaz205

I personally value my 1600 ph1 93k 3 owner car freshly painted at 7/10 quality, no rust, perfect interior and good history in graphite at 5k

Edited by Gaz205

Monkey

Paint job wasn't engine out - it wasn't needed in there as it was red still, unlike the rest of the car which was orange, like they tend to be.

It's been converted for a while, with power steering still working. It's a really neat and tidy job for a change, I will snap some pictures when I get a moment :-)

Roon

I personally value my 1600 ph1 93k 3 owner car freshly painted at 7/10 quality, no rust, perfect interior and good history in graphite at 5k

In that case I'll give you 5k then haha

barneys66

Has the logbook been updated..?

Gaz205

In that case I'll give you 5k then haha

If it were for sale that'd be a deal!

Tom Fenton

Maybe this will sound picky but for top money it needs a few niggles sorted out for me.

Just from those pics, rear bumper red insert, front driving lamps, and front bumper alignment need addressing. I'm sure looking at the car in the metal there could be other bits. If you want top money for it then a prospective (picky) buyer needs to be able to walk round without pulling it on anything obvious.

Monkey

Thanks for the thoughts and feedback, I was more thinking for insurance as I haven't been the most lucky of late (somebody stole my project MX5 turbo with a freshly build forged engine, and the wife wrote off my daily 123d) so I am thinking that going belt and braces is probably a good plan.

Should selling be a thing, for sure I'll get it looking 100%. This is as it came back to me on Tuesday night from a while away having the paint done - so it does need some fettling.

Good to have it back though :D

Miles

Came from a mate of mine in Southampton

Gaz205

A bumper dye and some cherry red paint on the inserts will transform the look of it