• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ATK

Ladder Fell And Dented Along Roof Line...repairable By A Dent Guy?

ATK

So I managed to make a ladder slip in my garage, denting my 205 in two places.

Anyone got any pics of the inside behind the rood headlining?

Interested to hear options as to whether it's fixable by a paintless dent guy or whether it's new metal time.

Cheers

SkyQuake

They're not the easiest areas to access, but I would think a good bodywork guy would be able to get in there and push them back out again. It's actually quite amazing what they can do. If the dents haven't broken the paint, then they should be able to push those out to a level that you can't even see they were there.

I'll try and dig out one of my pictures tonight, to see just what you're dealing with.

Gaz205

Edd China would spot weld a ring into it and pull it out, grind it down and blow it over.... Worst case scenario of course

I'm now moving my ladders too!

Edited by Gaz205

SkyQuake

Hmm, yes. They are a bit of a bitch to get to from the back. You might be able to get a rod down to it, but it might be tricky.

Definitely worth taking it down the bodyshop anyway. You'd be amazed what they can do with just a heat gun and a rubber mallet!

IMG_0895.JPG

IMG_0896.JPG

welshpug

ouch, as shown above its quite inaccessible, but a paintless dent guy may be able to pull them out, ive seen hot glue used to pull dents.

James_K

I had some creases and dents pulled from the roof and bonnet of my fiat coupe (someone ran over the car) and the pdr guy did the roof ones without going under the roof lining or inside the car at all. You'd be suprised what a skilled person can do, before he did it a bodyshop told me no way could they could fix the bonnet and I'd be better off getting a new one..

AlexRS2782

I cant help with the dents but feel your pain. I had similar happen back in 2000 when I had my Renault 5 GTT, that I owned at the time, in the garage :(

Edited by AlexRS2782

dobboy

If it's got a cavity you could put a 10 or 16 or 20mm hole on the inside skin to let the PDR guy get access to behind the dent. A pdr guy would advise what he needs to suit his tools.

Andya

I'd be interested in how you get on, I have a dent in a near identical space I keep meaning to get sorted.

Tom Fenton

Don't do anything other than get a good PDR man. You will be surprised what they can achieve.

Henry Yorke

I had something similar on the roof of my 1FM. A dent guy pulled it all out at Pugfest :)

ATK

All sorted dent guy made new access hole inside and tapped them all out ????

• Like 1

pugdamo

Good news, I bet your feeling a lot better now then.

farmer

Mine had dented same place, dent guy got it out as well

yorkshirekowboy

I had a dent similar. I don't know how I got it. Anyhow I have managed to pull most of it out by a glue dent puller thing.

It's not perfect and some raised areas, but as its getting a respray it didn't really matter.

It's hard to use them pdr kits.

As a first go quite happy TBH. I will get the pdr guy round to finish it.

Is the finish these guys do show no slight dents, creases etc at all?