• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Bobbafett

Braided Hoses

Bobbafett

Got an MOT fail for a slightly corroded brake pipe and a damaged flexi. The master cylinder is rusty too so I'm going to replace the whole entire braking system because why not.

BBM are coming out with the pre-bent pipes which look ace so that's that sorted, but who makes the best braided hoses to finish off??

Cheers!

pug_ham

Either speak to MIles or Goodridge certainly used to do kits for both the 1.6 & 1.9 GTI.

I (& a few others) have done away with the rear caliper hose for rear discs & run a solid pipe right to the caliper from the flexi around the beam, this is how Peugeot plumbed them in on the later 306.

It works fine, removes the risk of the flexi catching on the inner arch due to incorrect positioning.

g

welshpug

as above, I think it was Mocal fittings that Miles used (pugracing), nice swaged stainless things, still on my ZX 5 years on.

Exact are good from KAM racing too (Batfink), as long as you get the stainless type with the plastic covering.

I made my own set with some fittings and line from TorquesUK (powers off here and a few mates) as I needed some custom length for my Alcons, technically not road legal according to C&U regs as they're screwed not swaged, but I doubt any MOT tester will know that and pick up on them.

Miles

Got them in stk most of the time, rear's on the 1.9 I do like all the 06 models which is allot safer, I think you may have spoken to me about solid lines but as said sending a pre bent line the almost the length of a 205 is interesting and expensive

calvinhorse

+1 for torques.co.uk stuff, dead easy to use, stainless and looks cool as fork ????