• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

floodys

Few Jenvey To Mi16 Questions

welshpug

XE ones are a good length, the 8v pug leads don't have the right boots for the 16v head.

floodys

Cheers all. Ill get searching and buying.

allanallen

I used 16v corsa leads and the fittment was s*ite to be honest, the spark plug end with the 90 degree bend isn't long enough to get down the plug hole, you end up with a deformed bend which constantly try's to pull the lead off the plug. Maybe I just got a crap set.....

jackherer

What brand did you get? The Bosch ones I fitted have been fine, I just fitted them, took it to be mapped and I've been driving it ever since.

Simes

406 turbo leads in mine, perfect with 106 pack and length is good. Mybcoulpack is mounted to the side of the block between cams.

allanallen

No idea what brand mine are, cheap rubbish perhaps

floodys

so, I brought the Bosch leads and they are no good TBH as Allan mentioned the angle is rubbish and they don't get right down to the plug, they are to short too but that may because my coil pack is fitted to a proper stat/cam shaft end cover so it's further away from the head, it's no bother because I got them cheap and I got the car running which was priceless! I'll try the 406 turbo leads next....

• Like 1

jackherer

I had another look at mine and I really can't see an issue, it's possible there is some manufacturing tolerance that affects fit though and I just got lucky. I didn't make this up though, people on this forum have been using these leads for years (decades lol) without any problems reported.

jackherer

I've just revisited the ignition leads on my 205, I was still happy with the spark plug end of the Vauxhall leads but I discovered that the coil pack end seals aren't ideal, during some very wet weather I was having all sorts of problems that turned out to be dampness in the coil pack terminals. I temporarily removed them and fitted some Peugeot 2.0 8v leads I had to hand which fixed the problem with the coil pack but they don't seal the spark plug end at all so when I drove through some torrential rain on Boxing Day the number 1 spark plug well ended up with about 3-4cm of water in it despite having the cover in place.

So after some research I found this supplier - https://mrretroleads.co.uk/product/red-8mm-ignition-leads-will-fit-peugeot-309-405-1-9-mi16-16v-bx19-citroen-16v/ - it's just one person and you speak to the person who makes the leads so getting Mi16 spark plug ends and H4 coilpack terminals on one set of leads was simple, I had them made a bit longer than normal too so the coil pack is mounted away from the engine heat and vibration.

allanallen
5 hours ago, jackherer said:

I've just revisited the ignition leads on my 205, I was still happy with the spark plug end of the Vauxhall leads but I discovered that the coil pack end seals aren't ideal, during some very wet weather I was having all sorts of problems that turned out to be dampness in the coil pack terminals. I temporarily removed them and fitted some Peugeot 2.0 8v leads I had to hand which fixed the problem with the coil pack but they don't seal the spark plug end at all so when I drove through some torrential rain on Boxing Day the number 1 spark plug well ended up with about 3-4cm of water in it despite having the cover in place.

So after some research I found this supplier - https://mrretroleads.co.uk/product/red-8mm-ignition-leads-will-fit-peugeot-309-405-1-9-mi16-16v-bx19-citroen-16v/ - it's just one person and you speak to the person who makes the leads so getting Mi16 spark plug ends and H4 coilpack terminals on one set of leads was simple, I had them made a bit longer than normal too so the coil pack is mounted away from the engine heat and vibration.

Excellent, saved the site and will be ordering some myself when I relocate my coilpack.

thanks! 

petert

What do you call a H4 coil pack?

jackherer

H4 is what the lead company call the terminal type on the coil pack.

0221503024.jpg

johniban

I use the corsa 1.6 gsi leads, they work well but the seals don't fit on the spark plug end, only have had it once one has popped off. looking for a better solution 

jackherer

There must be variation in the manufacture of the Vauxhall leads, the spark plug end was never a problem for me but eventually I had problems with moisture in the coilpack end of the leads.

If you need proper custom leads contact Anthony @ https://mrretroleads.co.uk/