• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Drop Link Problem

flyfisher

Hi got a problem just replacing the osf jdrop link on my 205 cti problem is on full lock the bolt head that holds lower hub to strut hits the drop link bar but only on full lock any one else had this problem many thanks

Tom Fenton

Is this with the car jacked up and no weight on the wheel?

As it's quite common like this, but with the car on its wheels it should not foul.

flyfisher

Ok thanks

welshpug

have you got the bolt in the right way? adding a washer between the droplink and the tab may help, also make sure the damper leg is located correctly.

but as Tom said, they are bloomin close anyway.

flyfisher

Yes bolts the same as other side I think when I checked it it was jacked up may be with weight on f/wheels it will miss ?

toolie72

I had this and put it down to shocks having the plate in the wrong place-it was the only difference

Anyway, I used a fat washer to space it back slightly

Then for piece of mind I put white insulating tape on the drop link where I thought it might touch

Ran her about and tape was unmarked-so in road running it was missing (but must be just a bahair in it)