• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

hoodygoodwood

Future Classic To Buy Now For Under £1000

Simes

Citroen CX!! Only a little while ago you could get one for less than £1k, loads of spares in France. They'll go the same way as the DS, XM is a long way off I'd say.

A CX is my next old French buy, a late GTI.

My dad has a CX and lives in France.

Parts are much more difficult to source than you may think. The only reason. That I didn't mention it is that they are over budget and are steadily rising.

The chromed bumper GTI is where the money is along with the chrome bumpered prestige.

I grew up around big citroens, my dads safari was the best car he had. His current one is fun to work on, remove the spare wheel and check out the daravi steering speghetti of hoses. By far the most complicated car I've worked on.

Try and do a compression test or change plugs 2&3.

There's a white one on the bay at the moment.

Xm has to be v6 or 2.1 td.

allye

That might be where the money is but for me the later cars are much better looking with simpler dash design.

Simes

That might be where the money is but for me the later cars are much better looking with simpler dash design.

Drum speedo and crazy dash is proper citroen, this one is slightly revised from the original - the later one is boring!! Peugeot'fied!

a65ccf6ef16fc2596697a9ccf19c30a9.jpg

Slide-Header-04-720x300.jpg

• Like 1

Edp

Not at the £1000 mark 'yet' but the old shape audi TT will definitely be a classic.

allye

Thought they were already on the up?

Silky

I've been sorely tempted to pick up an unmolested EP3 whilst they're cheap, but I too think they're on their way up.

Still plenty to choose from for the shrewd and patient buyer though I guess..

I like these too, mate of mine has a 2003 EP3 with 24k miles on it, is lovely

Andy_C

Clio Cup all the way. They're out there for a grand or so and usable. You don't need to spend much to titivate them or you can go nuts and spent a fortune.

Unlikely to pay off your mortgage any time in the next century but you could have a riot and not lose any money which is what it's all about.

steve@cornwall

1970s Japanese 2 stroke bike. Any one that can be found needing a little TLC at the price. Seem to be very much on the up.

Simes

1970s Japanese 2 stroke bike. Any one that can be found needing a little TLC at the price. Seem to be very much on the up.

Already gone, check rd350's out....prices have gone made. Even my nc30 is off up.

steve@cornwall

Already gone, check rd350's out....prices have gone made. Even my nc30 is off up.

Still a few imports needing TLC available. At least until the sun makes any kind of appearance.

AaronMountford1990

Ok so a while back I mentioned the MK1 Fabia VRS would be a good buy as a future classic, well the MK3 platform has been released and there's no VRS in the fabia line up for the UK, in addition styling wise the MK3 is a near clone of a MK1!

Prices at the minute for these have gone from 500-1000 to around £2000-2500 recently as people are now on the hunt for ones that haven't been ragged.

Well worth a look, bloody bulletproof they are, I'm considering keeping mine :)

Doc 205

Alfa GTV without a doubt. Always struggle to understand why they can be had so cheaply. Probably unreliable, but look incredible.

Definitely the Clio cups.

My shout would be any large engine BMW, Merc, or Audi that doesn't have rust. An old one with a big engine is so out of fashion at the moment, but could be had cheaply and will be worth a bit in future as there won't be many around.

Not sure who's looked through the lists of cars that have been lost to the scrappage schemes, but it's enough to make a grown man cry.

Alan_M
3 hours ago, Doc 205 said:

My shout would be any large engine BMW, Merc, or Audi that doesn't have rust. An old one with a big engine is so out of fashion at the moment, but could be had cheaply and will be worth a bit in future as there won't be many around.

There was an article on Modern Classics several months ago on E46 330 Coupes (Manual) describing them as a lesser mans M3. Bit puzzled about the description myself as they're a little soft around the edges, but compared to some of the modern stuff out there, they're a lovely drive. The M54b30 is a lovely thing too, silky smooth with lots of torque, even if it likes a drink of oil and pops coolant systems for fun if not looked after. Fixing the rotten sills on mine at the moment. Won't complain if I gain a few quid if I ever sell it.

Gaz205

Well nearly 2 years ago I spoke about a 172 cup. Just seen this has been resurrected and I've now owned one for a little under a year paying £1500 for it. The condition and mileage now seems to be valuing mine a good £1000 more in less than a year. 

I should've bought a lottery ticket!

Bobbafett

I just sold an EP3 Civic and I couldn't imagine a more boring car. I literally had no interest in it at all at the end and wouldn't even bother driving it quickly. Used it to get to the pub and leave it there overnight! 

I'd agree with anything slightly premium with a big engine. I still think silver E46's look fantastic. I had a 330CI Clubsport a couple years ago and they've gone up loads since I sold mine.

Telf

its sad but I really like my 207 GTI... future classic-maybe not but its a right laugh and does surprise people with so called quick cars when they cant out run me.

and you can get them for under £1000 because so many seem to be broken!

Edited by Telf

Gaz205

I had the 207 gti that was on 5th gear. It had every option and loved it until the dreaded 'depollution' code came up. It was spritely and in white quite nice when clean. I doubt it'll go down as a great but certainly fun for the money.

Oh and VBH had sat in the driver's seat too! :P