• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

oldkiteman

O/s Drive Shaft Centre Bearing.

oldkiteman

I was wondering if the centre bearing on the O/S drive shaft was the same for the 1.6 and 1.9 drive shafts?I think mine is noisy.There is a tiny amount of play in it and the noise has got more noticable since i changed the lower mounting for a solid one.My car has got 1.6 drive shafts and there is a bearing available on ebay with these dimensions:30x55x13.Thanks Rob

welshpug

yep, exactly the same for all be shafts till the later ew engined vehicles.

its a standard bearing but i don't recall the code, very cheap if you dont buy it listed as for the driveshaft

oldkiteman

yep, exactly the same for all be shafts till the later ew engined vehicles.

its a standard bearing but i don't recall the code, very cheap if you dont buy it listed as for the driveshaft

Thanks for info.Just ordered one,£9.99 inc postage.

welshpug

crikey, i got 3 for that! just checked and its a 6006 bearing.

Cobalt_drill_bit

Hi, I was wondering if TU1M 205 cars with MA gearbox also have a 6006 bearing on the right side driveshaft? If not what bearing should I buy for a replacement on an MA gearbox car.

Regards, Maarten

welshpug

they are not listed as a separate part for an MA 205, however when you look up 106 206 etc with MA boxes they do indeed use the same part as the XU/BE shafts.

easy to confirm, measure the shaft diameter, OD of the bearing and the width, a 6006 is 30x55-13

Cobalt_drill_bit

Thanks for that Mei. I'm going to buy that 6006 bearing and some steel tubing to properly install that.