• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
unariciflocos

Ew10J4S Unlocked Ecu

unariciflocos

Hi guys, don't know how many people are still around, but either way, I'm converting my car to EW10J4S, 206 RC180 engine for those not familiar with the engine code. For reliability I wanted to run the standard ECU, the mutiplexed Magneti Marelli, so a wizz kid is converting mine to do away with everything that is BSI, BSM, immobilizer, dash, basically I will just need to supply the ECU and it will run, just like old Mi16 or GTI6 conversions.

Would anyone be interested in this? I could ask him to make more.

dcc

This conversion will be the new gti6/mi16 conversion when it becomes easy to get the wiring sorted. Personally the ecu wont be useful for me, but I know a handful of people who'd be keen to know more!

unariciflocos

I'll post updates when or if it works :lol:

It's not as straightforward as an Mi16/GTI6 conversion, but it's still doable.

BC Devile

Id be very interested in this, as also thinking about this conversion. but buying a whole doner car and basically transfering the whole loom and clocks.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Regards

unariciflocos

So, i bring good news. My friend delivered the ECU, connected it to the engine loom, supplied some wires to the ECU, coils, injectors, WBO, OBD, and it fired right up.

My car is far from complete, but i saw this as the biggest hurdle, waiting for some warmer weather and I hope to test drive.

If anyone is interested drop me a message and maybe I can help you out.

• Like 1

Anthony

Excellent work.

I've long since figured that it should be possible to make a multiplex ECU work on an older non-multiplex car, but I never actually attempted to put the theory into practice. Glad to see that someone has taken the time to figure it out and be good to see the finished conversion :)

unariciflocos

It's not a cheap or straightforward process to modify the ECU, as components need to be added to trick the ECU into thinking the immobilizer and other components are still there. There's a CAN and VAN link from the ECU to other components that need to be simulated.

on the OBD port I only had a lambda error and a camshaft sensor error, don't know if it's running in limp mode or not yet.

Still need to do the clutch release, replace the gear linkages to cable, alternator belt, tidy up the wiring, sort out the plumbing and it should be roadworthy. The dash will be replaced with a tablet with a bluetooth dongle on the OBD port.

Schumi

Are you using stock throttle body and throttle pedal?

unariciflocos

I'm using the electronic throttle.

BC Devile

How did you get on with this in the end?

Did the lambda and cam sensor error casue it to go into limp mode?

Sam Barlow

I'd be very grateful for a progress update on this project.

Currently wrestling with my own EW10J4S conversion.  Started with an Emerald K6 but the lack of VVC control makes me want to move back to a factory setup.

speaksgeek
On 3/19/2021 at 3:45 AM, Sam Barlow said:

I'd be very grateful for a progress update on this project.

Currently wrestling with my own EW10J4S conversion.  Started with an Emerald K6 but the lack of VVC control makes me want to move back to a factory setup.

It's perfectly possible to get the VVC working on an EW10J4S, if your ECU supports it. I would upgrade ECU before I went back to factory. I can provide the basic PWM setup details if you need, and an idea of a CAM map shape.

Or you could put Cat Cams pulleys on, and forget about the VVC.

Gshark

Hello. I know this is quite an old topic, but was wondering if there still is someone who can help convert the ew10j4s OEM ecu to run alone whithout imobilizer and bsi. I am trying to use the engine and wiring loom from a 307 cc, ew10j4s in a low cost buggy but I only have the engine ecu and engine wiring loom. Thank you for any repplies, much appretiated. 

pug_ham
18 hours ago, Gshark said:

Hello. I know this is quite an old topic, but was wondering if there still is someone who can help convert the ew10j4s OEM ecu to run alone whithout imobilizer and bsi. I am trying to use the engine and wiring loom from a 307 cc, ew10j4s in a low cost buggy but I only have the engine ecu and engine wiring loom. Thank you for any repplies, much appretiated. 

How many plugs are on the ecu from the 307cc?

I don't believe it's possible with the later canbus cars with the multiplug ecu & only possible for the older single plug ecu's.

I tried several different methods on my Xsara VTS with the three plug ecu last year but the ecu is switched by two different methods of bsi which communicate with each other, the main body bsi & a separate one in the engine bay which controlled power to the injectors, lambda etc.

g

Gshark

Thank you @pug_ham, I do have 3 conectors on my ECU, seems like a later ECU. From a bit googling it seems like there are emulators that may trick the ECU to think it is talking to the BSI. I have not found an exact match yet for my ECU. In case I could not get it working is there any stand alone ECU someone would recoment that I could use. I was looking into the Speedduino but I dont believe the ew10j4s VVT is supported yet. I also have a later model MUX Peugeot 406, I could try to connect ECU to that car. I have read somewhere that if the engine can run within a car and than the BSI is disconnected and the ECU losses permanetly concention to the BSI it would somehow still work  if the engine is running when the conection is lost. I am not sure if this is still the case for the ECU I have and even if the ECU could be conected to the 406 I have. I am just trying to use any resources I have available. Thank you for the replies. 

Richie-Van-GTi

For all the hassle you are set to face with standard ECU's It would be wiser to just go for a decent standalone.

Recommendation for type I would say speak to a mapping place local to you that is recommended and go with their preference. Most ECU do the same basic functions, just the software changes. Beware of cheaper options like speeduino as most mappers wont touch them and they dont always have all the functions you will need.