• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
soundguy

Exhaust System Fitting Kit 1798 45

soundguy

Hi, after checking Service Box found the parts I need - 1798 45 - 'exhaust system fitting kit' (ie, bolts, springs, washers, ring gasket) - a 2015 thread mentions these are available for £18, but I'm getting quoted £26-£28 from a dealer and a large Peugeot seller.

--

-- I'm having problems with the manifold>downpipe ring gasket not fitting well at all, having tried two pattern parts. The Peugeot ring gasket is apparently a good fit - is the Peugeot version (ring gasket only) available anywhere in the country for mail order at all?

--

--Don't really want to part with £26-28 when it appears to drastically overpriced and I only need the ring gasket. Any thoughts please?

Anthony

1798.45 is listed for a diesel - is that what you've got? Listed as £26.47 on Servicebox, so sounds like the dealer is quoting you the right price.

For 205 petrol XU's (ie 205 GTI) the correct part number is 1798.80 and that's £18.76 inc VAT.

There's also 1798.75 listed for 405 XU's that's a little cheaper at £16.16 - from memory the difference is that it doesn't come with as many lengths of bolt/spring as the 1798.80 kit, but is still fine for a 205.

Pattern parts can be dubious and not seal, especially if the downpipe flange isn't quite right as is often the case with pattern exhausts.

soundguy

Thanks for clarifying that Anthony, yep pulled the wrong part number off servicebox. I'll get 1798.80 ordered.

soundguy

Just to update the thread, got 1798.80 and there's a definite difference between a pattern ring gasket and the one in the kit. OEM is 'thinner' but similar dimensions - I can see already how it should let the manifold and the downpipe mate up properly. Incidentally there's two sets of bolts in it, one pair 5mm longer. Will get them fitted tomorrow and update again.