• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
soundguy

Rear Light Cluster Bulbs

soundguy

Thinking of trying some LED bulbs in the rear clusters and front indicators. Got the list of bulb types required (BA15 and 510).

Am I right in thinking all of the bulb sizes in the rear clusters are all BA15 - some of mine look slightly bigger from recollection (haven't got them with me).

Was thinking of:

REAR:

x2 amber BA15 LED - one for each rear indicator in the cluster

x6 red BA15 LED - three for each in the cluster - brake light x2 plus rear light x1

x1 white BA15 LED - for reverse
x1 red BA15 LED - for rear fog

FRONT:

x2 amber BA15 LED - x2 for each main front indicators

x2 amber 510 LED - x2 for each side front indicators

Anyone tried these coloured LEDs in the indicators/clusters at all? Any good?

Alan77

I've got Led stop/tail bulbs, they improved the rear light brightness so much and I regard them to be safer. Haven't bothered with the indicator bulbs as they're decent as standard, but I did put those 130% xenon ring h4's in ages ago and they've also been brilliant...

205Rallee

LED indicators don't work without a new indicator relay(?). I tried them the other week and didn't realise until I'd bought them, they flash too quickly.. LED 5W sidelight bulbs have made a huge difference along with 100/90w H4's.

jackherer

A resistor will solve the fast relay problem, they probably sell LED indicator bulbs with internal resistors in I would have thought?

welshpug

yep, most I'd imagine have them built in already, look gor the ones compatible with canbus systems that have bulb warning systems.

soundguy

Thanks for the recommendations and suggestions. Didn't think of getting higher wattage H4's - recently got some Osram Nightbreaker UnLtd for the fronts so will se how they are before I make any changes. Has anyone installed a high level brake LED light for the tailgate at all? Would be useful to hear about it.

Anthony

Thanks for the recommendations and suggestions. Didn't think of getting higher wattage H4's

I'd be very wary of fitting higher wattage bulbs in the headlights using the standard wiring - there's been numerous cases of the wiring eventually melting due to the higher current, normally where it plugs into the fuseboard.

soundguy

Yep, will use the 55/60w Osrams I've got, see how they work.

Alan77

The Ring 130% h4's are 60/55w, been in my car for donkeys years. I've also got a high level LED tail light, came with the car when I got it. Quite like it, when you compare the size of a 205 on the road to anything else nowadays, saves you getting run over by Chelsea tractors...

soundguy

Yep, think a high level brake light is a must TBH. Think I'm going to install a few other updated bits of electronica - central locking, alarm+immobiliser and a couple of other bits (as well as some new canbus LEDs).

Edited by soundguy