Welcome to the brand new 205GTIDrivers.com website! We hope you'll enjoy it! Read the full notice here.

• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Andy

[Car_Upgrade] Yet Another Mi16 1.9 Build

Andy

Insurance update. The insurers have been good, They are willing to pay out on the agreed value, less my £100 excess and allow me to buy back the car, but there is a rub. I can have the car back to remove parts, but they want to be able to collect a rolling shell from me , and will not pay out until the rolling shell has been collected( cat B write -off so I see their point)

So, guess who is a busy boy removing parts and, thanks to the star whose name is Speno, I can remove my suspension and replace it with some crusty old bits. The only other snag is my severe lack of storage space, so I am going to sell the engine and box, as I have another rebuilt box on my workbench and another engine in the pipeline that is worthy of the engine management system currently on this one. Fast forward, dear reader, to the ‘ for sale ‘ section 

Tom Fenton

I hope it is only going to be rolling on 3 wheels following the accident damage that left it as such!

Andy

Good point. I did reiterate to the Insurers that as the car was far from rolling after the accident they could not expect its condition to have improved prior to its collection.

Andy

Back from cycling holiday in Scotland. Begun to pull the car apart ( sob) prior to the rolling shell being taken to the crusher . Not nice work. 

petert

It's been typical UK weather here this weekend; wind and rain. Zero bike km achieved.

Andy

Sorry about your rough weather. Glorious here! Shell now stripped and off to meet its maker ( well, a crusher) on Monday. Garage and loft now full of bits , bar an engine and box which will be in Speno’s 309 before the sun sets on Saturday.