• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

[Body_Work] Rust Rust And More Rust!

Telf

Worth noting the recent repaint was due to the paint blistering. Nothing to do with the bonnet catch

Telf

Well the years roll on and the car is still OK. Just doing an autumn clean up

20221015_122650.jpg

• Like 1

Telf

Surprisingly not alot has gone wrong, my biggest regret was painting the plastics. I'll post some pics as I clean and inspect it all. I think its been back on the road 4 years ??!?! Now.

Leslie green

How do you find them lowering springs Paul ?

Telf

OK, the car seems to sit how it should, thinking about it I think I fitted slightly lower profile tyres as well so it needed the shorter springs to look right. 

I'm thinking I might sell it but it's hard to price. I imagine people being put off when the dash reads 267000 miles lol

• Like 1

Leslie green

Don't be going selling it after all your hard work  ,tuck it up for the winter  out of the weather you can get outdoor carcoons to put it in and not that expensive either 

MrAndy
On 10/17/2022 at 11:39 PM, Telf said:

Well the years roll on and the car is still OK. Just doing an autumn clean up

20221015_122650.jpg

Is it so that we in Nordics only have the plastic extra inner fenders. Are they used anywhere else? 

Telf

In the wheel arches? I've never seen them. I'm that picture the plastic cover is missing that goes across the gearbox

Telf

4 years or so now and the pug has finally needed a few bits other than just service items.

The last month or so:

A new CV boot!

Radiator switch removed and leak stopped.

Cam cover breather hose replaced as my Baker silicon one has always been total garbage. Replaced with an original hose I managed to find.

New rear 1/4 badges from Young Timer Classics. The ones I fitted at build have faded and look horrible.

New clock. My speedo finally died at about 270K . Had to replace with a spare at 91k. Very annoyed but what can you do?!?

Next up a set of replacement seats, I'm thinking of ordering the ones from YoungTimer Classics although they are rather £££!

Other than that I had a light fault that took about a week to solve, all starting with my driving lights not working. That led to many earth's being removed. Sidelights , indicator and horn deciding to stop working and much annoyance. Finally fixed by cutting out a load of old wiring (earths) around the headlights. Now all working as expected. Oh and my indicators are intermittent. No pun intended. That looks like a relay so I've bought a new one.

Happy days.

20230615_173705.jpg

20230615_174027.jpg

Edited by Telf
  • Like 2

Leslie green

Take that new speedo somewhere and get it set forward to 270k lol we wanna see 300k in a few years Paul and there are always a few bits need doing on old cars .

Telf

I may do that but then again I'll never sell it so...

Anyway , new badges fitted! They look good , new hose fitted! Indicators now work AND I've fixed by the power of Araldite my drivers door grab which had failed at the screw/door interface

Those old badges really were horrid! 

Engine bay not looking bad for a car that sits outside all year.

The adventure continues! Fuxk these Tolman £50k bollocks rip off efforts, enthusiasts all the way!

20230616_155819.jpg

20230616_155526.jpg

20230616_123312.jpg

Edited by Telf
  • Like 1

Leslie green

The vinyl must have not been good quality but then red is always bad for fading , the plastic in the badge would come back with some rubber care, my genuine badges went a similar colour but the graphics were ok shame the pins were mostly snapped of and the badges bonded on in the past. 

Telf

I bonded them on, I'm a lazy so and so, the badges were rubbish Leslie, not like proper ones at all

Telf

Another week another issue, I've found my fuel feed to the filter has split. Very disappointed. I bought these as a set from Baker BM Feb2019. I expected they would last. Also noticed the induction hose AFM to throttle is split. I've emailed Baker and they are going to get back to me which is nice. 

When I stripped the car the Peugeot hoses were still OK after nearly 30 years. Madness!

20230715_114457.jpg

20230715_114929.jpg

Leslie green

Baker changed the spec of their hoses in 2020 Paul due to quality issues with modern fuel , I just don't understand why hoses don't last now as you don't hear of modern cars needing hoses every 3 years ! I cut my genuine supply hose to the injector rail up, little did I know they were plastic lined and would last forever lol . I bought some coline injection hose for the 2 pipes at the tank as nobody was selling any , was £15 a metre so not cheap !

Telf

To be fair they have sent me replacements

received_1412362532952041.jpeg

• Like 1

Anthony
15 hours ago, Telf said:

To be fair they have sent me replacements

Disappointing that they failed after a comparatively short period of time, but credit to BakerBM in replacing a 4 year old product - I guess you can't really ask of them more under the circumstance.

Telf

yeah I agree @Anthony, it seems to be a thing with new hoses , weird I use Super unleaded in an attempt to protect the lines but its made no difference. Like you say Baker didnt have to replace them so I cant complain

Telf

Well I replaced the supply hose but had to take the complete line out to do it! The union on the 2 wouldn't come apart.

Note to self : it undoes from the steel hose side ! 

20230721_153434.jpg

Telf

Another day another fault! Expansion tank split. Its just the time of year I guess!!20230725_124124.thumb.jpg.0615433f5b5f9e891cf503b480436aa5.jpg

received_603731695208046.jpeg

SRDT

At least this one isn't hard to find.

Telf

Not entirely happy with this, I may have to source a OEM bottle . I suppose it looks OK...

20230818_124757.jpg

Anthony
1 hour ago, Telf said:

Not entirely happy with this, I may have to source a OEM bottle . I suppose it looks OK...

The bottle looks OK to me - shade is probably a little off and would have the concours lot tutting, but certainly looks fresh and in keeping with the rest of the refurb :)

I think replacing that yellowed piece of tubing from the overflow would make a big difference though, as your eye is immediately drawn to it because of how much it contrasts against the lightness of the bottle.  There's nothing special about it as far as I know, so just some generic transparent hose of the right diameter should suffice and cost pennies (comparatively anyway - nothing ever seems to be literally pennies now)

Can always route the wiring for the low coolant sensor round the rear of the bottle as well to tidy it up a touch.

Leslie green

If its new you should have no more bother for years to come , unfortunately plastic doesn't age that well as anyone who has taken a 205 part knows only too well lol

• Haha 1