• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bob

Emerald K3 Cranking

Mr Bob

I now have the K3 wired into my S16 turbo, uploaded Emeralds base map for a GTi6 turbo they suppled, the ecu powers up (red LED on the base of the ecu comes on), fuel pump comes on however the engine wont start, when the starter cranks the engine over the LED goes out them comes back on again but stays solid red, I'm told its meant to turn green? there appears to be no spark as well

I would just like to check that I have the crank sensor wired correctly

Using a standard 3 pin brown plug S16 crank sensor reading off a standard S16 flywheel I have

pin 1 on the sensor going to pin 32 on the K3

pin 2 on the sensor going to pin 31 on the K3

pin 3 on the sensor going to pin 30 on the k3

Is that correct?

Thanks

Bob

welshpug

have you checked the crank sensor settings in the ecu?

Mr Bob

have you checked the crank sensor settings in the ecu?

it's set to Bosch 60-2

welshpug

what angle?

you should be able to look up the tdc sensor scope in the software, itll be obvious if its not seeing a crank signal.

have you confirmed switched live to the ignition coil and injectors?

Mr Bob

what angle?

you should be able to look up the tdc sensor scope in the software, itll be obvious if its not seeing a crank signal.

have you confirmed switched live to the ignition coil and injectors?

Its currently at a rolling road workshop so I can't personally check but the guy who's working on it tells me the software side of things is spot on, I did check 12v supply however and both coil and injectors are getting 12vs, I also checked the crank sensor and it appears to be working fine

Thijs_Rallye

Have you checked it whilst cranking? The LED dying implies it is connected to a switched live.

Jon_Bmw

Something is wrong. It is definitely supposed to turn green when cranking. It will not start unless that turns green. Either the settings in the software are incorrect as per Welshey above, the crank sensors is wired incorrectly, or the crank sensor is dead.

I can't check your wiring as I am not by the car. Is the S16 flywheel the same as an 1.9 mi16 in terms of trigger pattern?

Anthony

Yes, identical - standard Bosch 60-2