• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Takentoxs

Head Work

Takentoxs

Can anyone recommend a good place to get my tu3s breathed on. Ports, valve seats, balance and skim, usual stuff I guess unless I am missing something. An idea of cost would be helpful too.

johnnyboy666

Sandy on here is pretty much the TU guru, he can probably point you in the right direction.

juice willis

Sorry to highjack thread.. Looking into putting twin webers on my xs. Would it be worth putting a vtr 8v head on? Would there be any power gains? Mainly thinking of doing this for the wider availability of mods especially inlet manifold. Cheers

Sandy

Thanks for the nod, but I'm really stacked out at the moment and not really taking on headwork I'm afraid, however my pal Mark Shillaber might well be able to help. SRD Ltd, 01566778779.

And

Sorry to highjack thread.. Looking into putting twin webers on my xs. Would it be worth putting a vtr 8v head on? Would there be any power gains? Mainly thinking of doing this for the wider availability of mods especially inlet manifold. Cheers

Only if you can up the compression back up so you would require Pistons, as not even a heavily skimmed head is enuf.

Edited by And

juice willis

perhaps I should just put a 16 valve in and be done :) tough decision as it's such a good engine. Finding any bits I would like for reasonable money for the tu3s is a pita though.

welshpug

the prices of parts for either engine when you start building proper competition types arent too different at all save for where you have double the camshafts and valves.

differences come when you set goals that are easier achieved with much milder tuning of a larger capacity engine tgat has more valvesm

juice willis

Good to know! The main thing is finding a reasonably priced weber manifold. About to ask in the wanted section!

juice willis

Managed to find 2 separate manifolds designed for the euro rallye, any idea if these would fit?

Wallby

I don't think they will fit but I'm not 100%, the bolt pattern is different on the euro rallye head.

juice willis

Feared that was the case. There's someone on eBay selling tu3 weber manifolds for 300. Not sure how good they are but cheaper than getting a custom one I suppose. Still, pretty hefty pricetag.

NEMCA

You can buy the flange plate profiles for both carb side and manifold side from DAN ST engineering. You can get them in ally or mild steel and have someone make you a manifold.

juice willis

Thanks for that NEMCA, definitely considering going down this route, cheers.

And

I would look at making as with a small angle up bank you can clear the engine mounting don't cut the mount down to 2 bolts as it will fail.. I remade my mount as well as the made the mainfold, never had a failure since apart from mk1 mount bent form a bad down shift mk2 no issues as was bulked up a bit more.

calvinhorse

Tu3 and 1.3 Rallye inlet manifolds are different I'm afraid, the 1.3 is the same as a 1.1 head iirc

RossD

I'll be putting my TU engine up for sale soon, its got an SRD cylinder head, 645 catcam, custom RH mount, an inlet manifold made by Colin Satchell (And was used on Sandys own 205 Rallye) and I may also put the Throttle bodies in with the package too, depending on appetite. It's a 1.6, however it bolts straight in. Let me know if it interests you.... Check out my project thread for pictures.

juice willis

If the op isn't interested I definitely am.

juice willis

Am generally up for giving things a go but not sure about fabricating a manifold, perhaps with a bit of guidance. Have access to welding equipment though. Didn't know it was possible to clear the mount that's good to know.