• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Neil205

Injector Removal

Neil205

So any tips for removing the injectors, I've removed all bolts on the fuel rail and disconnected the fuel line rubber pipes , I've tried to pull on the fuel rail but won't budge the injectors? will turn a little side to side .

DamirGTI

Spray some WD40 down the holes around the O rings , turn a few times each injector left-right and pull out .. when removing them from the rail do the same - spray with WD40 , turn and pull out .

D

Neil205

I have tried WD40 down there and still won't pull out , even left it for 3 days to soak in too :(

DamirGTI

Tried while the engine is hot/warm ?

Moderate force is needed sometimes to pull them out (wedge an spanner between the rail and manifold and work with the spanner like and pry bar to lift the rail with the injectors up/off the manifold)

D

Neil205

Yes it was warm , ok I'll try that then at the weekend , thanks

steve@cornwall

I usually put an open ended spanner under the base of the injector as a gentle lever, 17mm is a snug fit if I remember correctly.

If this is the first time you've removed injectors I would seriously consider taking the manifold off in case the caps fall into the head, they often stick in the manifold too.

• Like 1

Anthony

Echoing Steve's warning - I'd strongly suggest taking the manifold off as if the o-rings are stuck in place then the caps come off the end of the injectors and fall into the head... and if the valve is open, you're in a whole world of hurt trying to fish out something plastic through the plug hole or removing the head.

• Like 1

Mac Crash

thankfully I had spare inlet manifold laying on bench with injectors still fitted (first time I've removed injectors) and this is exactly what happens, the caps all came off.