• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

petert

[Race_Prep] Never Ending Race Car Build

petert
29 minutes ago, emi16v said:

How much power are the K20 boys making?

145-155kW.

emi16v

Should be good then , I’m sure the 205 would have some weight advantage.

petert
10 hours ago, emi16v said:

Should be good then , I’m sure the 205 would have some weight advantage.

Yes, at least 150kg and lower gearing.

petert

We had a good day at the track today. However, unfortunately, a BMW gave us a love tap in the right rear! I've been meaning to remove that rear hatch for years. I'll never find another panel like that.

smashed rear reflector.jpg

Crashed right rear.JPG

SweetBadger

Bugger! Racing or just a test / track day?

Excuse to get a fibreglass rear tailgate? 

Andy

Weight saving modification .

petert
22 hours ago, SweetBadger said:

Bugger! Racing or just a test / track day?

Excuse to get a fibreglass rear tailgate? 

It was Race 1 of 3 for the day. Nevermind, it is indeed the start of the weight reduction program.

• Haha 1

emi16v

Does Chris on AF still make custom stickers? I wonder if he could make you a full size sticker to go in its place, because race car.

petert

I have a rear hatch skin, which I'll paint and fit polycarbonate for the time being.

petert

We spent some time at the track yesterday, dialing in some new softer rear springs. I'm pleased to say it was very successful and here's the fastest lap it's ever done (son John at the wheel).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j33bqfueegw

Edited by petert
  • Like 1

Andy

Nice lines through the corners! 

SweetBadger

Very quick! Car looks planted, plenty of grip there!

Circuit looks nice and fast flowing too.

petert

Holy smokes! All the hard work done over the past few years came to fruition in Round 2 of the MRA State Championship at Sydney Motorsport Park today. Race 1, an 18 min sprint, was uneventful with plenty of safety cars, 13th overall and 1st in class. Race 2, a one-hour enduro under lights, was simply epic. John finished 5th outright and 1st in Under 2L, demolishing many bigger names and Over 2L cars. A small racing incident will require a few parts before Round 3 and we finished with just the 2L in the surge tank. image.png.061422f24bb0b6ef7cf580eebf290a14.png  IMG_0510.thumb.PNG.4343339301d1fcb3efe8f2ea9a1b147b.PNG1864182593_IMG_0489small.thumb.jpg.dfa445ad1ef5ae6d4cffe795cc2e5722.jpg 1224346940_IMG_0487small.thumb.jpg.0478446645f3aba1d10562df26e004c8.jpg

IMG_0486 small.jpg

IMG_0499 small.jpg

Edited by petert
  • Like 4

Andy

Glad it all went so well for you. Have to say that the car is looking excellent 

X-mo

Epic car. Epic team! B)

• Like 1

petert
16 hours ago, X-mo said:

Epic car. Epic team! B)

Thanks. I forgot to post his fastest lap. Shame he bodged T2-T3. Shifts are at 8000-8100. It pulls 8000 in 5th at the start/finish line.

Edited by petert
  • Like 1

petert

I had to remove the front RH guard to fix the prang and I was surprised to find this addition.

RH strut addition.jpg

welshpug

I've seen those on a lot of cars, I can't remember exactly which year they appeared.

Andy

Glad you were surprised to find this . So was I when I removed the wing from my 205gti. Peugeot only seem to have made this addition on the rhs . Perhaps some early iteration or finite element mesh analysis that Peugeot ran highlighted a specific unwanted flex in the shell and that this welded on brace fixed the problem . Pure conjecture on my part 

petert

Wow. You mean that’s factory? It looks so dodgy. The car is 7/90.

Andy

Not quite. Yours has had those extra plates welded on, on top of the tube . The o.e case is just the tube, flattened at each end and welded in place by Pierre le Topmig  . The extra plates look as if they were added by Cyril le Gauche .

petert

The 205 has had a body work treat after the recent incident. New lightweight doors and bonnet have saved approx. 30kg. Hopefully that translates into improved track times.

5536F0E2-6751-423E-A803-7566AD681D60.jpeg

5B4A39E5-DD2E-4F13-BD07-C151B7C54787.jpeg

• Like 1

Andy

You have been busy. It looks excellent .

petert

A sad day though. The pressure hose from the dry sump pump blew on lap 1. Eight litres of oil on the track. End of the day. Hopefully engine protection in the ECU kicked in fast enough. I haven't looked at the bearings as yet.

SweetBadger

Bugger! Nightmare, been there quite recently with a hose blowing off the oil cooler. No more jubilee clip or push on fittings for me on high pressure lines.

The only thing that saved my engine was the fact I spun on my own oil. Hopefully if you have ECU oil pressure shut down set up then it’ll be ok.

Then there’s the cleanup operation as I presume there’s oil everywhere!? That’s a rubbish job!