• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

humanz

Refitting The Clamp Bolt For The Front Lowe Suspension Arms

humanz

Is there a trick to refitting the clamp bolt that secures the lower balljoint to the hub? I've gotten the balljoint into the hub from the looks of it, but the ball joint is partially blocking the bolt from going through the clamp. Should I prise apart the slot while trying to refit the bolt?

Ryan

Is the groove around the balljoint pin lined up with the bolt hole? Sometimes the rubber boot needs pushing down a bit to get the pin in far enough.

j_turnell

You can often push the ball joint a bit to far in not allowing the bolt to go through. You just have to line the groove up, try tapping the wishbone either up or down depending on what way it needs to go. If you try and force the bolt through you will strip the threads on the bolt.

humanz

Thanks. Was wondering about that groove. It just looked so small that I didn't think it was significant. The ball joints are too far up. Will have to tap the arms down slightly then. Cheers for the information.

welshpug

push inwards on the hub, the arm will move a lot easier.

camgti

Have a torch/iphone light on hand. You can look down the bolt hole to see when you have the Pin in the correct position.

As WP said, push the hub toward the gearbox/engine, this will take a little strain off the pin thats in the hole allowing to it to slide up/down easier.