• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

sebascalderon85

Fuel Pump Replace

sebascalderon85

Hi everybody.

Can anyone help me out. I want to replace the fuel pump on my 205 gti 1.9.

Can't find anything on "how to" or a guide to do it. If anyone can help me, it would be great. Also what pump to use?

Thanks!!

Telf

its not hard mate- disconnect the cable and remove the bolts. The pump will pull out without much of a drama.

You may need a new seal but I've refitted mine and reused the old seal and haven't smelt any fuel vapour.

the only annoying part can be removing the plastic filter that surrounds the pump- if its a straight swap just leave it in situ.

As for what pump to use I just replaced it with a stock pump. I'm sure you can get uprated pumps with higher flow/pressure- I didn't bother.

Oh and do it when the tanks nearly empty- just easier really!

PhilNW

I use a standard pump without problems on a road rally 205, what's the problem with yours that it needs replacing?

You can replace just the pump or the pump and housing , I replaced mine with a new bosch (not the cheapest option) but there are other possiblities

have a look here for part numbers http://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com/en
Edited by PhilNW

Cobalt_drill_bit

Today the fuel pump died on my car. I'm looking to replace that.

I do have a TU1M engine. According to servicebox, just the pump will be OE 145091, For example Bosch 0580 314 165. At autodoc this is €52.70

or for the entire assembly:

1) Peugeot OE 145508, for example Bosch 0 580 314 153 for €94.27

2) Peugeot OE 145508, another Bosch         0 580 305 007 for €157.70

So I think I'm best of with replacing just the pump. The separate gasket would be 1528 17 right? Not much luck on autodoc with that number. Should I try the Peugeot dealer for that gasket?

Best regards,

Maarten

Cobalt_drill_bit

Hi there,

I hope I would get some help on this topic. I decided to order the Bosch 0 580 314 165 from Autodoc and it took some time but I finally got it.

I also bought a full fuel pump housing from a crappy monger in Peugeot parts. The housing was taken from an 205. The actual Bosch fuel pomp inside it didn't work anymore. But anyway I do have the opportunity to replace it with the new fuel pump.

But I run into 2 problems.

Problem 1: The first picture shows the housing. In order to take the old fuel pump out, there are some thick strong plastic taps on the sides, 4 in total. But I only have two hands and some screwdrivers. How I am supposed to depress all 4 tabs and slide the pump holder out with the pump inside of it?

Problem 2: See pictures 2 and 3. I already figured out the filtering sock wouldn't fit the new fuel pump. The new fuel pump fuel intake has a larger diameter. My Peugeot dealer was not able to offer me this filtering sock. I can see it would directly attaches to the Bosch fuel pump 0 580 314 165. So there must be some alternative Peugeot car or maybe even an other manufacturer that has a part number for this sock that will attach to the fuel pump I currently have. I hope I can get some help on this, Really.

Best regards,

Maarten

20200514_202456_001.jpg

20200514_202541_001.jpg

20200514_202552.jpg

Philpooma
On 1/27/2016 at 8:32 PM, Telf said:

its not hard mate- disconnect the cable and remove the bolts. The pump will pull out without much of a drama.

You may need a new seal but I've refitted mine and reused the old seal and haven't smelt any fuel vapour.

the only annoying part can be removing the plastic filter that surrounds the pump- if its a straight swap just leave it in situ.

As for what pump to use I just replaced it with a stock pump. I'm sure you can get uprated pumps with higher flow/pressure- I didn't bother.

Oh and do it when the tanks nearly empty- just easier really!

I hope you dont mind if I jump in on this thread. 
I wasnt sure if my fuel pump was working ok, so before I put the tank back in the car I tested it by wiring up to a 12v car battery. I didnt get any pump noise so I’m assuming its knackered?

There are no sensors for fuel levels to stop the pump dry running are there?

Did you replace with oem? I want the swap over to be as painless as possible,

cheers Phil

Telf

Phil i replaced mine with a original old stock pump. As far as i know they are no switches to stop them dry running.

Somewhere (possibly in my build thread) there are some pics of the pump being changed and removed from the standard housing. its a bit of a pig to do but just requires patience.