• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lagonda

First They Ate My Tonneau Cover...and Now They've Eaten....

lagonda

Bloody mice!

The air intake above the radiator has a small grille. About the only improvement from standard is to cut that grille out, and previous owners have done that with my CTi. So now...I realise why it was there!

Changed the air filter today, and found the canister choked with leaves, and the rubber and card of the element well chewed; fortunately not right the way through. 115hp + 1 mouse power could have been interesting!

The replacement filter I've bought is a Purflux one, which is sponge on a perforated steel former. Reading the instructions on the box, I see it should be soaked in engine oil, and drained, before fitting. Which I've done...messy...wonder if garages bother with doing that when fitting them.

steve@cornwall

Must make a really nice home for a mouse!

May be time for me to fit a bit of mesh

lagonda

Agreed, but how did the blighter find his way in?! Got to climb up a tyre, wheel, around the suspension, up the engine, along a hose.

Coincidentally, the tonneau cover was the one you kindly sold me many years ago....hardly ever used it, now it's a bunch of holes connected by some material! Have bought a replacement, but that is now upstairs here, so even less likely to grace the car, but at least, hopefully, safe from nibbling.

Think I too will have to put some mesh in the inlet....can't be arsed with keep opening up the air filter to check. There I was thinking storing the car under cover in what passes for a barn here was a good idea! Mind you, the area around the spark plugs is often littered with nuts and nut shells, even when it's left outside.

boldy205

Easy for a mouse. Those buggers get everywhere! I know of a Mondeo written off by a hungry mouse chewing all the insulation off of the loom wires.

lagonda

Fortunately they don't seem to have thought of that....yet. Or perhaps they realise the Peugeot loom is too crap quality to be worth eating!

yeti-dj

hey,

friend of mine that lives in the country and has a lovely shed full of 205 spares, sadly the little furry beasts have chewed pretty much everything plastic or material including seats, washer bottles and damper boots!

a lot of good spares just binned!

Edp

Must make a really nice home for a mouse!

May be time for me to fit a bit of mesh

Or poison?

steve@cornwall

Or poison?

End up with a corpse blocking the airflow ?