• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Luke

Body Shop In Bath/bristol Area

Luke

Can anyone reccomend a body shop in the Bath/Bristol area? I don't mind paying a little more for a really good job.

It's time to sort out a little bit of rust:

20151101_163219.jpg

20151101_163215.jpg

Luke

I've been quoted just shy of £500 for the full repair, including colour-match respray.

It sounds high to me but I've never had this kind of work done before. What do you think?

dcc

removal of plastics, removal of interior panel, cut out section, fabricate new, weld in to place, clean up welds and smooth surface, prep for paint, paint, redo first few bits in reverse, say 12-18 hours of work, materials are a good £70-100 I would say, so £400 ish for labour - if thats the only quote you've had try a few others. also try and see previous work!

Luke

Their previous work looks pretty good. I want to get a couple more quotes just not sure where from yet.

I'm happy to do the trim removal. Might save me a couple of quid!

Tom Fenton

Try and find somewhere that mainly does older classic cars. The rust won't faze them, and the owners of the classics will demand a good paint finish, so that is what they will be used to doing.

Luke

There is a mini restoration place neer Bristol that I'm going to try. They will know there way around a bit of rust!

• Like 1