• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

forbeslongden

Is This The Latest Cti In Existence?

forbeslongden

Hey all,

I was just having a butchers around eBay this morning (I know eBay links aren't strictly allowed, bare with me)

and this Altlantic CTi popped up which was imported from Japan, looks pretty tasty with the later engine and AC options and only around 15,000 miles on the clock.

What really struck my interest was the registration date being late 1995 - that puts the car on an N-plate doesn't it? This has got to be the last one to registered by some margin hasn't it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-205-1-9-Cti-CONVERTIBLE-RHD-AIR-CON-TIME-WARP-CAR-COLLECTOR-QUALITY-/171928868249?hash=item2807c25599

Looks to be an absolute beauty, probably worth the money as well, can't say I'd pay that for a CTi though even though this would in theory tick all the boxes for me!

post-23672-0-05006500-1442049444.jpg

post-23672-0-92318800-1442049455.jpg

post-23672-0-26434000-1442049464.jpg

post-23672-0-25558200-1442049473.jpg

post-23672-0-08531500-1442049484.jpg

lagonda

Strange to see a 1.9 on 1.6 wheels....perhaps because these Japanese market ones had low bhp 1.9 engines?

forbeslongden

I think that was the first sign of a Japanese one wasn't it? If I remember correctly, Australia had some strange configurations for the 1.9 GTi over there (1.6 rear beam, possibly?) but you're right, it looks strange to say the least.

notamondayfan

It does look nice though, and if I won the lottery I'd have it for the collection!

forbeslongden

It does look nice though, and if I won the lottery I'd have it for the collection!

I was thinking the same thing, sadly, a lottery win would be needed to pay out such an amount. I'd love to see it's actual UK registration plate - I bet it looks well odd.

welshpug

cti's all came on 14" wheels unless they had abs or 15"s fitted as option iirc.

• Like 1

Miles

Still on 14's with ABS, Off set was very different on them thou, Being on Motronic it's the same spec as mine but later

• Like 2

Henry Yorke

Only Japanese cars have half leather. I've never seen a brochure for one. They also have a phase 1 expansion tank for some reason with all the ABS gubbins underneath. It also has a spacesaver and not a normal spare wheel. I wonder if they therefore come with 1.9 hubs and driveshafts? The downside of them is the strange looking stick in the middle.

camgti

Australia and Japan got a few unique examples.

All our 87-89/90 1.9 were infact a 1.6 with a detuned 1.9 engine. All were equipped with air con.

We then got the 91-94 CAT 205 Gti. All with aircon and power steer etc. We, like japan, never got the full 130bhp 205.

Most CTi that went to japan were auto. We have about 5 rolling around over here.

griffo

Another thing I noted with this DKZ engine is that it has the additional Exhaust Temperature Probe emissions control box (near the VIN location) which I have seen before on the prior DFZ engined Japanese cars... obviously this became standard fitment ongoing.

griffo

Only Japanese cars have half leather. I've never seen a brochure for one. They also have a phase 1 expansion tank for some reason with all the ABS gubbins underneath. It also has a spacesaver and not a normal spare wheel. I wonder if they therefore come with 1.9 hubs and driveshafts? The downside of them is the strange looking stick in the middle.

The Australian Phase 1,1.5 and 2 GTi's all had this plastic expansion tanks... we never moved to the metal type.

welshpug

never was a metal tank, just a different shape.

welshpug

abs cars were all 1.9 dimensions.

griffo

never was a metal tank, just a different shape.

My bad Welshpug, I stand corrected :-)

camgti

Ive seen a few aussie cars with the square type tank. All were stuffed.

griffo

Ive seen a few aussie cars with the square type tank. All were stuffed.

Cam, I presume these weren't AU GTi's? Even the 'Classic' GTi's which were the last of the Mahicans here, still had the white round plastic tanks.

johniban

£10k?? i know its low millage and looks pretty clean but ive seen a few in the local friday add a while ago for like £300-1000

forbeslongden

Yeaaaaaah totally different league, the ones you've seen are more than likely tatty early nineties 1.6 models. This is one of the last (if not the actual last) example with all the mod-cons and 1.9 lump, even if this was a higher mileage vehicle, being Atlantic blue/green instantaneously makes it more desirable than your average £300-£1000 example in addition to the low, low mileage.

feb

Gorgeous!

The engine bay looks like that of a new car!

forbeslongden

Can't say I've ever seen one actually showing an M plate before now.

- epic thread revival - 

44110920_753831878288458_9069440288707051520_n.jpg

johnyma22

Nice!  Yea I haven't got any M's..  iMpressed!

• Haha 1